TerrameraVancouver, BC18 days ago
We are actively seeking an experienced Web Designer to join our multi-disciplinary Soil Carbon and Plant Intelligence team that are working on ambitious, world-changing initiatives. The successful candidate will develop and maintain the look, layout and features of our attractive website and landing pages viewed by multi-targeted audiences. The successful candidate will make a huge impact, as this website outlines the roadmap for the world-renowned Global Centre for Regenerative Agriculture to key stakeholders, including industry leaders, policy makers and politicians in Canada.
Please note this is a remote six-month contract position with a possibility for extension.
· Conceptualizes and creates intuitive, engaging, and brand-consistent web experiences
· Drives continuous improvements and optimizations in user experience for sites
· Leads iterations and creates high-fidelity mock-ups for proposed project pages and update them as needed
· Envisions and instigates opportunities in early-stage web and product design for upcoming projects in the pipeline
· Tests graphics across various media to ensure optimal impact
· Supports development of toolkits of collateral based on Terramera’s online brand guidelines
· Keeps informed of web design trends and best practices
· Performs other related duties in keeping with the purpose and accountabilities of the job
· Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person granted refugee status in Canada
· 30 years of age or younger (as per wage subsidy program requirements)
· Post-secondary education in Web Design/Development, Interactive Arts & Design, Marketing, Visual Communications, Computer Science or relevant field
· 2+ years of progressive experience in Web and Product Design
· Excellent knowledge and proficiency in web design software applications and tools such as Webflow, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro), WordPress, and Microsoft Suite (PowerPoint)
· Advanced understanding of HTML, CSS, JQuery
· Personal portfolio that contains a strong and varied design approach, as well as specific examples of fully realized and produced graphic projects ready for demonstration
· Exemplary work ethic, versatility, and communication
· Strong organizational skills and excellent execution
· Adapts quickly and copes effectively to changing priorities and conditions
· Possesses a tenacious, can-do attitude and expects performance to be nothing short of the best
· Demonstrates flexibility and ability to multitask within ambiguous, fast-moving, complex environments while also driving toward clarity and creative solutions
· Takes initiative, generating new and innovative approaches to problems
· Genuine interest in environmentalism, such as climate change and regenerative agriculture
· Anywhere in Canada, as this is a remote position.
WHO WE ARE
Terramera is a cleantech leader focused on fusing AI, science and nature to create revolutionary technologies that transform how we grow food and solve other world-scale challenges. With its Actigate™ Targeted Performance technology and mission to unlock the intelligence in nature to ensure a world that thrives and provides for everyone, Terramera is committed to reducing global synthetic chemical loads in agriculture by 80 percent while increasing global farm productivity by 20 percent by 2030. The privately held company was founded in 2010 and has grown to include a world-class bench of engineers, scientists, advisors and investors. Terramera is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, has integrated operations that include a research lab, greenhouse and farm, and has more than 185 patents in its IP portfolio.
Our success begins with our people. We’re looking for A-Players who are passionate about making a difference as we are and thrive in environments that are dynamic, challenging and rewarding. Join our movement, as we set a new standard and change the world together as a highly dedicated, innovative, future-focused and solutions-oriented team.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information on Terramera, please visit our website at www.terramera.com
Terramera is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer.
· Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.