At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 500 team members, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized for our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
We are looking for a Warehouse Associate to join our Warehousing team in Burnaby, BC. As a Warehouse Associate, you will be responsible for supporting all warehousing functions from offloading incoming shipments, processing inventory, moving inventory throughout the warehouse, and various other duties.
Ideally, you should have some warehouse experience, but if you want to get your foot in the door working in IT and can adapt to a constantly changing workload while maintaining a high level of accuracy, cleanliness, and safety then this role is perfect for you! We offer onsite training, competitive pay with benefits/vacation, and a Monday – Friday schedule with day shift hours.
- Organizing and processing incoming warehouse inventory
- Moving skids into disposal, helping our drivers load or unload trucks (when needed)
- Coordinate shipping with couriers
- Verify documents for correctness on shipping and receiving documents
- Pick and process orders as required and documents for export/shipping
- Ensure good housekeeping and safety procedures are maintained in the shipping area
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 1-2 years of experience is required
- Applicants must be organized and have the ability to multi-task
- Good communications skills
- Basic computer user skills (Windows, Excel) are an asset
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to adapt to changes and to learn company policies quickly
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting or individually
- Ability to be accountable for a team and other departments
- Contributes to Health and Safety
- Must be able to lift 60+ lbs.
- Must have appropriate steel-toe footwear
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check (CPIC)