VP Sales & Business Development
Ideon Technologies Inc.Richmond,BCa month ago
We are seeking an experienced sales and business development leader – ideally with a background in mineral exploration, mining, and related technologies – to join our growing company as we transform subsurface discovery. In this role, you will be responsible for developing the go-to-market strategy and executing a plan to deliver impressive customer engagement, market adoption, and revenue growth.
You will play a vital role in shaping the growth of a Canadian start-up business on the global stage. As member of our leadership team, you will be involved in setting strategic direction, building the team, developing the organizational capabilities, setting the product roadmap priorities and much more.
During the early days of this role, as the company ramps up to full commercialization, you will also have personal sales numbers to deliver in addition to your broader responsibilities:
- Leadership: Model authentic leadership behaviours, provide guidance, and steward team talent, fostering a culture of accountability, professionalism, performance, respect, and ethical behaviour.
- Go-to-market strategy: Design, build, and execute an effective go-to-market strategy, aligning sales objectives with company strategy, applying critical and aspirational thinking.
- Pipeline management: Make the customer relationship management platform (HubSpot) an integral part of developing a high-performance go-to-market capability, with sales seamlessly integrated with marketing, centred on the customer.
- Results: Close deals and meet bold targets for customer success, sales volume, strategic growth, and other key objectives.
- Operations and resourcing: Develop and grow a knowledgeable and dynamic solution-based sales organization (including role definition, recruitment, performance management etc.). Develop and manage the sales and business development budget, assessing needs and recommending investments in line with our strategic objectives.
- Professional development: Champion professional development initiatives to enhance the sales team’s effectiveness, productivity, and technical acumen.
You are commercially astute and know how to hustle, while operating with the highest professional standards. You see rejections as a growth opportunity, and you live to deliver extraordinary results.
In addition, your credentials, attributes, and qualifications include:
- Master of Business Administration or equivalent.
- Undergraduate or advanced degree in Earth sciences, engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum fifteen years of sales management experience in a technology-based, business-to-business environment.
- Minimum ten years’ experience directly inside or supporting the mineral exploration and/or mining industry.
- A proven track record of excellence in sales growth, leadership and high-performance team building.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in leveraging the full power of a sales and marketing-centred CRM platform.
- References who can speak to your personal integrity, collegial style, trustworthiness, and delivery of results.
- A willingness to be very hands-on in helping to build the business, doing what it takes to move the company ahead.
The position is based in Richmond, BC (Greater Vancouver) and will require travel. Applicants will be subject to a background check.
What we offer
This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic technology start-up and spin-off from TRIUMF (Canada’s national particle accelerator laboratory) at one of the most exciting moments in its journey to commercialization. You will be working together with company founders and technical experts to advance a ground-breaking solution that will generate significant economic and environmental benefit. Our team is entrepreneurial by nature, mission-driven, and focused on doing things right to deliver great customer outcomes. We promise competitive compensation, work-life flexibility, and benefits including equity options.
Great ideas and rich company culture come from diversity of thought, experience, and perspective. We are committed to fostering a diverse pool of candidates for jobs at Ideon Technologies.