UltiPro (UKG) Systems Analyst
BenchVancouver, BC (Remote)24 days ago
We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
We’re a committed and talented group of diverse people working hard to solve a real, universal problem for millions of entrepreneurs: businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses. Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. We’ve paired smart humans with incredibly powerful software to develop the fastest, most efficient bookkeeping service in history. This lets us provide monthly and yearly financials at an incredibly accessible price, giving business owners the time, confidence, and knowledge they need to be successful.
Bench is growing fast. Recently, we’ve onboarded our 10,000th client and our 600th employee. We have a clear, funded path to profitability, and a roadmap that we believe will rapidly accelerate the trajectory of our business. We’re looking for the brightest minds who love solving tough problems to join us on this incredible journey, in pursuit of bringing financial mastery to our clients.
What’s the BizOps team all about:
Bench’s Business Operations team designs, configures, builds, and reports on the systems and processes that enable the rapid scaling of Sales, Client Success, Operations and People teams. As a member of this team, you’ll play an integral role in increasing the efficiency and efficacy of fellow Benchmates each and every day. You’ll be empowered to identify areas where we can improve, present recommendations to capitalize on these opportunities and turn your recommendations into actions. You’ll gain foundational knowledge of an industry-standard techstack, enabling you to become an expert in Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) and associated systems implementation, configuration and optimizations.
Reporting to our Sr. Manager, Business Operations, you will have the opportunity to hone your project management, structured problem solving, process development, and analytical skills with the support of a high-performing, collaborative team. You’ll be an influencer and a key contributor to driving the success & growth of a company that's changing what's possible in the industry.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Assist in identifying the root cause of data workflow concerns, recommend and configure updates and solutions.
- Testing of system changes and business process analysis to improve and review data workflows.
- Synthesize and present People data for use by the People team to identify trends and to aid strategic decision making.
- Co-create the application ecosystem with leaders from the People and Finance teams, and lead the identification and delivery of new systems.
- Lead UKG Pro configuration including module updates, business process/workflow set up and modification, security, etc., as determined by business requirements.
- Collaborate with the People and Finance teams to lead new UKG developments and enhancement projects.
- Provide first line of support to People, Finance and IT teams for UKG troubleshooting.
- You’ll also be responsible for:
- Business Process configuration, testing and troubleshooting
- Custom Report Writing and editing
- Process documentation
- Support upgrades, patches, testing and other technical projects
- Technical UKG training
To be successful in this role, it’s essential that you have:
- UKG Pro (formerly UltiPro) systems mastery: You have an excellent working knowledge of UltiPro’s HR and Payroll (UKG Pro) system, and the Ultiuniversity certificates to show it. From security, to the Time Off Application and Payroll, not much about UKG Pro phases you.
- Application ecosystem expertise: You have experience working with other People and Finance systems. From applicant tracking systems, to business intelligence tools like Tableau, you know how to build and create ecosystems of applications to deliver high impact outcomes.
- Intuition for insight creation: You are skilled at analytical problem solving, and can organize complex information systems into data models and dashboard’s which enable actionable insight.
- A people-centered approach: You’re collaborative, optimistic and you listen to understand, demonstrating kindness and empathy in all interactions.
- A drive to make things better: You’re not satisfied with “good enough”, and nothing that needs fixing is just someone else’s job. You love to experiment, try new things, and drive improvement; within your own team, and across the organization.
- Zoom-in, Zoom-out: You can take a big-picture perspective to identify and stay focused on what’s most important, then zoom-in on the details to execute seamlessly.
- Intellectual curiosity: It’s not enough for you to know the what - you need to know the why! You are energized by challenging problems and are persistent/resourceful in your efforts to solve them.
- Startup hustle: You are highly motivated, proactive, comfortable with change and ambiguity. You have a humble, team-player attitude and are ready to pitch in wherever you are needed most.
It could be an even better fit if you have:
- Experience with People and Finance systems: It is preferred that you have some experience with other People and Finance systems (we use NetSuite, Greenhouse, CultureAmp today, but are always exploring new systems to unlock new possibility).
- Doing some lightweight configuration and reporting to automate data-distribution to different users or analytical environments will allow you to go above and beyond.
Bonus points if you have:
- Have experience using SQL to build reporting, or have worked with data warehouses before for analytics
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an annual salary, stock options, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- Our office has gone fully remote! We’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.