About Delta Controls Inc.
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 Partners/Distributors in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting and access control products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc., the global leader in switching power supply solutions and DC brushless fans and an $8+ billion USD organization, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, working together toward our shared vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and include a comprehensive range of energy management solutions in Industrial Automation, Telecom Power, UPS and Data Center Infrastructure, Automotive Electronics and Energy Storage Systems.
Why work for us?
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and our company is perfect for those who want to create, design and build sustainable solutions using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on building automation. Here are some of the Delta perks you’ll receive from day 1!
- Employee & safety centric culture with the possibility of remote work
- Flexible hours and scheduling available
- Competitive total compensation along with generous vacation allowances
- Three weeks of vacation
- In-house & external training provided along with education support and opportunities for growth
- Company funded annual personal development budget
- Financial benefits & planning such as group RRSP & company match
- Employer paid premiums for extended healthcare and family-focused benefits (health, vision and dental)
- Travel insurance coverage and access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness - onsite fitness center & company reimbursement for personal gym memberships
- Internal Recognition & Service Awards
- Employee Referral bonuses
- Transit accessible with free onsite parking
- Regular company events such as "Food Truck Fridays", Lunch & Learn and other planned activities
The Test and Automation Team is responsible for creating the testing infrastructure for products produced by our manufacturing team. This also includes improving efficiency in MFG, reducing operator intervention, reducing test time and improving yields through automated test fixtures.
The Test and Automation Engineer’s main role is to design, fabricate, assemble, maintain, and improve the mechanical aspects of test jigs and fixtures, from the initial concept to physical realization.
While the role is primarily mechanical, the Test and Automation Engineer must also have a solid understanding of electrical systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
Test and Automation
- Designing test jigs and fixtures in Solidworks primarily for automation of manufacturing PCBA testing.
- Fabricating test jigs using automated (CNC & 3D printer) and manual methods.
- Assembly/wiring of test fixtures.
- Overseeing mechanical duplication of test jigs.
- Reviewing and providing feedback on team electrical designs in Altium.
- Researching, selecting, and procuring mechanical and electro-mechanical components for test jigs and fixtures.
- Creating and updating maintenance procedures and documentation for test jigs
- Simple programming and debugging of test jigs
- Troubleshooting issues that arise in manufacturing.
- Ensuring that the department workshop is always kept tidy, and that all equipment is in good working order and consumable shop supplies are re-ordered when necessary.
- Maintain and organizing stock of common mechanical parts.
- Maintaining an FDM-based 3D printer and scheduling print jobs efficiently.
- Participating in continual improvement projects and root cause analysis investigations.
- Providing general testing help as needed for other teams that we support
Required or Strongly Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of Solidworks or similar 3d modeling software.
- Solid knowledge of electrical circuits and systems.
- CNC machine & milling machine experience a strong asset
- Knowledge of common electrical lab tools (Oscilloscopes, DMMs, DAQs etc…)
- High level of attention to detail with an emphasis on quality.
- Adept in the safe use of hand and power tools (drill, jig saw, band saw, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Motivated to learn with a strong technical aptitude.
- Able to work independently with minimal oversight.