Technology Support Expert
Safe SoftwareSurrey, BC, Canada (Remote in Canada)2 months ago
Safe Software is looking for a talented, fun-loving Technology Support Expert who is interested in becoming part of one of the fastest growing data integration companies in the world! As an FME Technology Support Expert, you will be talking to people all day. Whether that’s assisting customers or chatting with co-workers, we want to make sure everyone has a positive experience. Building relationships is at the heart of what we do.
About The Team
The Customer Success group at Safe is responsible for enabling our user community with the support, tools and resources needed to unleash the power of their data. On the Desktop Experts team, we support the FME platform through support cases, the FME Community, and Live Chat. The team has a customer-focused and a product-focused stream that are closely linked. This position will be customer-focused, helping on board new users and addressing fresh challenges that our existing customers are facing through product demos and proof-of-concepts.
Being exposed to emerging technologies and exciting data challenges while being on a self-directed support team, you’ll have the opportunity to customize your career at Safe Software based on your strengths and passions. As a Technology Support Expert, you’ll be positioned to create cross-team relationships (i.e. Sales, Knowledge, Development, Marketing) and find opportunities to contribute to their efforts as well.
Our Customer Success team needs help from people who can contribute to our FME Desktop support team and:
- Provide exceptional support. Nobody returns to a restaurant with horrible service, even if the food’s delicious. That’s why we follow the “restaurant model” at Safe Software, eager to provide top-notch service and support alongside an amazingly powerful product. As a Technology Support Expert, you form the front line, troubleshooting issues and helping customers find solutions to their technical problems.
- Educate our customers. You play a critical role at Safe, acting as the link between us and our customers. Equipped with this understanding, you create presentations for webinars and events, deliver product training, and produce written and video content for our knowledge base.
- Influence product development. With your knowledge of our customers’ needs and challenges, you advocate for new and improved functionality that will help them. In some cases, you may even be embedded on a development project to provide the voice of the customer.
In this role you may need to attend special events, trade shows, and conferences in the future, so some travel may be required.
As a Technology Support Expert, we contribute to a number of facets of Safe Software. Day to day, you may find yourself:
- Working with customers and internal stakeholders to address product defects through investigating and reproducing the issue
- Collaborating across teams to deliver high level proof-of-concepts/demos for prospective clients
- Assisting customers with enhancement requests and how-to questions in the FME Community (Q&A Forum), and Live Chat
- Assisting our product management team in obtaining use cases for new features
- Testing out and playing with new formats and features of the FME Desktop product in beta stages
- Supporting the Knowledge team by contributing to Knowledge Base articles and tutorials
- Participating in webinars (both delivering and creating content)
- Attending and presenting at conferences
Safe Software evaluates applicants based on their passion and skill for providing support. That said, we’re paying attention to the following:
- You are able to clearly articulate technical concepts to a broad audience (non-technical and experts) both written and in person.
- You have 2+ years experience working with a broad range of data formats (3D, BIM, CAD, GIS, raster, tabular, NoSQL, etc.), data models/schemas, platforms, and/or web services
- You have a curious mind and love problem solving
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with a passion for helping others
- You have experience working on a technical support team or in a technical consulting role or have relevant industry experience
- A working knowledge of Safe Software’s FME
- You have 2+ years experience working with or administering databases (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, GE Smallworld, etc.)
- Experience with CADBIM applications (AutoCAD, Bentley MicroStation, Revit, Indoor Mapping etc.)
- Experience with 3D technology (Cesium, I3s, CityGML, etc.)
- Experience working with web services (Amazon S3, AGOL, ArcGIS Portal, Tableau, Socrata, etc.)
- Experience with GIS products (Esri ArcGIS, MapInfo, Intergraph GeoMedia, etc.)
- Exposure to programming/scripting languages (Python, JSON, SQL, XML, etc.)
- Ability to speak a second language
At Safe, you’ll find a community of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to push our vision forward.
While we take our work seriously, Safe is committed to encouraging work-life balance. With extra paid time off during the holidays and plenty of lunchtime sports to join, Safers are able to stay happy and healthy year-round. All Safers have the opportunity to grow with access to a learning and development budget, give back to their community with volunteer time, and get to know each other better with annual team-building events. This way, all Safers are able to innovate, support each other, and have some fun along the way.
When you join Safe, you’ll get your own laptop along with a new hire welcome package complete with Safe swag, of course. Currently, you’ll be working remotely along with the rest of the team due to COVID-19. On your first day, you’ll receive an orientation and meet your team to get role-specific training. After that, feel free to join any virtual activities like trivia, virtual coffee chats, or team games!
Safe Software is the creator and developer of FME — the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data worldwide. Over 10,000 organizations around the world use FME in industries like AEC, government, utilities, and transportation to maximize the value of their data.
Founded in 1993, Safe is headquartered in Surrey, BC with over 190 team members and counting. We’re always looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are determined to learn and grow. Are you ready to join the team?
Safe Software is an equal opportunity employer and we truly believe that innovation and strength begin with diversity and inclusion. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability, national or ethnic origin, political belief, religion, or family status. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com.