Technical Support Specialist (FME Server)
Safe SoftwareSurrey, BC (Remote Option)a month ago
About The Role
Safe Software is seeking a full-time permanent Technical Support Specialist (internally referred to as "Technical Expert") to join our Customer Success team. Reporting into one of our Technical Expert Team Leads, you’ll work closely with a team of fellow Support staff to support our FME Server customers right away!
The world is swamped with data, and organizations are feeling the pain. Our Feature Manipulation Engine (FME) products reduce the friction and allow for our thousands of (very happy) customers to painlessly move data from point A to point B. Whatever the type of data – be it sensors, maps, building models, imagery, databases, social media, web services, and more – FME is up for the task.
FME Server is an enterprise ETL tool, extending on the capabilities of FME Desktop. When supporting these products there’s always something new to learn and interesting challenges to tackle.
About The Team
Safe’s Customer Success team is composed of a large group of enthusiastic Technical Support Specialists who work directly with our customer base to unlock all possibilities they can achieve with their data and FME. We’re looking for an individual who is all about the team, passionate about our product, and keen to dive into new and exciting technologies.
- Customer service skills. Nobody returns to a restaurant with horrible service, even if the food’s delicious. That’s why we follow the “restaurant model”, eager to provide top-notch service and support alongside an amazingly powerful product. You will be the first person someone talks to when they have a problem. You’ll be able to empathize with the customer, walk them through troubleshooting steps and resolve their issue in a timely and friendly manner.
- Great communicators. You will be interacting with people all day. Whether that’s assisting customers or chatting with co-workers, we want to make sure everyone has a positive experience. Building relationships is at the heart of what we do. You will have good interpersonal skills, and can clearly communicate technical information with customers and colleagues.
- Interest in technology and data. FME supports over 400 different data formats, which means there’s a wide range of formats and software that we need to learn about. We're always keeping up with the latest technology, from indoor mapping to Docker and Kubernetes.
What You'll Be Doing
As a Technical Support Specialist supporting our FME Server enterprise product, you will:
- Provide technical support through live chat, email, and Safe’s Q&A forum.
- Conduct software demonstrations and build proof of concepts for new and existing customers to support the Sales team.
- Share technical product knowledge with customers through training, Knowledge Base articles, presentations, and webinars.
- Collaborate with other teams and share your expertise in initiatives such as testing new product features and assisting with marketing campaigns to promote them.
- Investigate and explore different configurations and technologies to assist customers, colleagues, and developers.
- Keep up to date with product developments by attending Feature Demos and testing the latest versions of our software.
- Identify issues within FME and advocate for new and improved functionality that will help our customers.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- Prior experience in a customer service role, technical support or consultancy.
- Ability to work well in a team setting and individually.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal, written and spoken. You have good interpersonal skills, customer empathy, and can clearly communicate technical information with customers and colleagues.
- You are keen to learn more about FME and FME Server.
- You have experience or exposure to installing, architecting, and configuring enterprise products.
- You have knowledge of both Windows and Linux operating systems, including system administration, networking, and configuration.
- Previous experience using FME Desktop or FME Server.
- Ability to speak a second language is an asset.
- Technical writing experience.
- Experience with databases, such as PostgreSQL, SQL Server or Oracle.
- Use or creation of APIs.
Life At Safe
At Safe, you’ll find a community of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to push our vision forward.
While we take our work seriously, Safe is committed to encouraging work-life balance. With extra paid time off during the holidays and plenty of lunchtime sports to join, Safers are able to stay happy and healthy year-round. All Safers have the opportunity to grow with access to a learning and development budget, give back to their community with volunteer time, and get to know each other better with annual team-building events. This way, all Safers are able to innovate, support each other, and have some fun along the way.
When you join Safe, you’ll get your own laptop along with a new hire welcome package complete with Safe swag, of course. Currently, you’ll be working remotely along with the rest of the team due to COVID-19. On your first day, you’ll receive an orientation and meet your team to get role-specific training. After that, feel free to join any virtual activities like trivia, virtual coffee chats, or team games!
About Safe Software
Safe Software is the creator and developer of FME — the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data worldwide. Over 10,000 organizations around the world use FME in industries like AEC, government, utilities, and transportation to maximize the value of their data.
Founded in 1993, Safe is headquartered in Surrey, BC with over 190 team members and counting. We’re always looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are determined to learn and grow. Are you ready to join the team?
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Safe Software is an equal opportunity employer and we truly believe that innovation and strength begin with diversity and inclusion. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability, national or ethnic origin, political belief, religion, or family status. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com.