Technical Recruiter (Contract)
TerrameraVancouver, BC10 days ago
We are currently seeking experienced Technical Recruiters to join our People & Culture team and lead the recruitment of the finest talent in service of the Company’s massive hiring plan to scale our world-changing initiatives. This mission-critical position will design and execute recruitment strategies to generate leads, as well as drive a quality selection process.
This is an exciting opportunity for the incumbent to experience many facets of the talent acquisition domain, while working at a rapidly growing, award-winning start-up organization that focuses on bringing together farmers and clean technology to turn climate change, economic crisis, and food insecurity into unprecedented opportunities. Reporting to the VP People & Culture, the Technical Recruiter will serve as an ambassador of Terramera and work closely with hiring managers and subject matter experts across the Company.
Note: This position will start on a 6-month or 12-month full-time contract, with a high possibility for extension or permanent conversion.
To actively research, identify, attract, and hire highly-specialized talent, while maximizing the effectiveness of all candidate streams and other recruitment strategies in line with business objectives.
- Proactively build candidate pipelines by effectively shortlisting the inbound flow of candidate applications and strategic sourcing of passive candidates through referrals, LinkedIn, external associations, diversity groups and other channels
- Initiate and lead recruitment kickoff meetings to fully understand role requirements, core competencies and alignment with business objectives
- Guide hiring practices that are fair, equitable and welcoming of all applicants, as well as provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants
- Build job descriptions, external job ads, recruitment plans and interview kits
- Lead the planning of selection procedures in partnership with the Hiring Managers, including phone screens, technical and cultural assessments, in-person interviews, and background check
- Lead the negotiation and closing of offers of varying complexities
- Ensure high quality candidate and client (internal stakeholder) experience by providing transparency and data-driven progress updates on a regular cadence
- Arrange on-site interviews, including for out-of-town candidates by coordinating schedules, arranging travel and accommodation, escorting candidates to interviews and arranging tours
- Mentor and supervise the workflow assigned to the Recruitment Coordinator
- Attend relevant conferences and networking events
- Post-secondary degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related discipline
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Recruiter, including building recruitment strategies involving effective sourcing, recruitment marketing and employer branding initiatives
- Proven experience and knowledge in technical recruitment, such as engineering and science
- Experience working in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments with high volume recruitment
- Applied experience using various interview techniques and evaluation methods
- Proven track record of sourcing, generating, and converting leads to candidates
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and Candidate Management System
QUALITIES WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Effective Negotiation, Influencing & Communication Skills
- Ability to Deliver Compelling Story to Prospective Candidates
- Ability to Adapt to Shifting Priorities
- Personable & Charismatic
- Self-Motivated with High Standards
- Ability to Foster Good Relationships
- Ability to Quickly Learn and Apply Technical Information
- Excellent Follow-Up Skills
- Integrity & Confidentiality
- Remote based in Vancouver, BC
WHO WE ARE
Terramera is a cleantech leader focused on fusing AI, science and nature to create revolutionary technologies that transform how we grow food and solve other world-scale challenges. With its Actigate™ Targeted Performance technology and mission to unlock the intelligence in nature to ensure a world that thrives and provides for everyone, Terramera is committed to reducing global synthetic chemical loads in agriculture by 80%, increasing global farm productivity by 20%, and increasing soil organic carbon by 100% by 2030. The privately held company was founded in 2010 and has grown to include a world-class bench of engineers, scientists, advisors and investors. Terramera is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, has integrated operations that include a research lab, greenhouse and farm, and has more than 250+ patents in its IP portfolio.
Our success begins with our people. We’re looking for A-Players who are as passionate about making a difference as we are and thrive in environments that are dynamic, challenging and rewarding. Join our movement, as we set a new standard and change the world together as a highly dedicated, innovative, future-focused and solutions-oriented team.
Terramera is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. As we make serious efforts to learn more about how we can increase diversity in our candidate pool, we invite you to voluntarily provide demographic information in a confidential survey at the end of this application.
Providing this information is optional. It will not be used in the hiring process and has no effect on your opportunity for employment.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis