BenchVancouver14 days ago
We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
We’re a committed and talented group of diverse people working hard to solve a real, universal problem for millions of entrepreneurs: businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses. Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. We’ve paired smart humans with incredibly powerful software to develop the fastest, most efficient bookkeeping service in history. This lets us provide monthly and yearly financials at an incredibly accessible price, giving business owners the time, confidence, and knowledge they need to be successful.
Bench is growing fast. Recently, we’ve onboarded our 10,000th client and our 600th employee. We have a clear, funded path to profitability, and a roadmap that we believe will rapidly accelerate the trajectory of our business. We’re looking for the brightest minds who love solving tough problems to join us on this incredible journey, in pursuit of bringing financial mastery to our clients.
What does the People team look like?
We’re a warm and caring bunch, obsessed with making a difference for our Benchmates. We’re one of the most critical functions in our business. The People team carefully manages the employee experience from beginning to end. Our recruiters are people-focused individuals, driven to seek out the brightest talent that will support us in achieving our mission - to make a profound difference in the quality of life of 1 million people. We’re looking for someone who has a knack for finding the most dynamic, diverse, and unstoppable talent while providing a phenomenal candidate experience from start to finish.
When it comes to tech recruiting, you speak the language of the product and technology crowd and know this field inside and out. As a Technical Recruiter, you’ll seek out technical talent who combine the best software and tools to forever change an entire industry. We’re on a rapid growth trajectory, aiming to almost double the size of our Product and Technology teams over the next year. You’ll be a key contributor in helping us achieve that. The Product and Technology teams you’ll support have impeccably high standards and so do you; you’re a strategic necessity in continuing to build our technology powerhouse.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- We’re growing really fast. You’ll execute large scale technical recruitment projects and initiatives from scratch.
- Conduct proactive independent sourcing via social recruiting, networking, and job posts to support our product and technical teams in their recruitment efforts.
- Using your eye for data to diagnose challenges in the applicant pipeline and tell compelling stories about your findings and observations.
- Identifying and recommending areas in the recruitment process that require optimization.
- Building partnerships with universities, co-op, and other external programs to strengthen our talent streams.
- Finding us unspeakably great humans who are a natural addition to our culture.
- You have an equity focus and an eye for inclusivity, and will work at a strategic level to ensure diversity is represented in your candidates.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- 2+ years of technical recruitment experience with a focus and passion for finding engineers, designers, product managers, and much more!
- A people-centered approach: You’re collaborative, optimistic and you listen to understand, demonstrating kindness and empathy in all interactions.
- A drive to make things better: You’re not satisfied with “good enough”, and nothing that needs fixing is just someone else’s job. You love to experiment, try new things, and drive improvement; within your own team, and across the organization.
- Zoom-in, Zoom-out: You can take a big-picture perspective to identify and stay focused on what’s most important, then zoom-in on the details to execute seamlessly.
- Intellectual curiosity: It’s not enough for you to know the what - you need to know the why! You are energized by challenging problems and are persistent/resourceful in your efforts to solve them.
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an annual salary, stock options, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- Our office has gone fully remote! We’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
- We’re accepting applications from people in BC, AB, & ON in Canada.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.