Technical Project Manager
Delta Controls is looking for a Technical Project Manager at the intermediate or senior experience level to join our Room Control Enterprise. You will manage internal and external resources, to develop thermostat and multisensor hardware projects from conception to release.
Work location: This position is eligible to remote applicants (work from home or telecommute).
City: Surrey, BC
Schedule: Full time
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 Partners/Distributors in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting and access control products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc., the global leader in switching power supply solutions and DC brushless fans and an $8+ billion USD organization, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, working together toward our shared vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and include a comprehensive range of energy management solutions in Industrial Automation, Telecom Power, UPS and Data Center Infrastructure, Automotive Electronics and Energy Storage Systems.
Why work for us!
- In-house training, education and opportunities for growth.
- Financial benefits such as RRSP matching and life insurance.
- Health and family-focused benefits such as extended health, vision and dental benefits with employer paid premiums, onsite fitness center, reimbursement for gym memberships, travel insurance coverage and an Employee Assistance Program.
- Our employees are recognized through Service Awards and Employee Referral bonuses.
- Our location is transit accessible and we have free on-site parking.
- Three weeks of vacation upon hire.
- Depending on the role, casual or business casual dress is the norm.
As part of the Room Control Enterprise, you lead hardware projects from concept to release by managing a mix of internal resources and external contractors. You are the connection between Engineering, Product Management, Corporate Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, and the Executive Team. You take absolute ownership of the project schedule and see it through to completion.
As a Technical Project Manager, you are knowledgeable in hardware design and firmware development, although not a developer yourself. You manage a variety of projects, including IoT Thermostats and the O3 Sensor Hub. You help us achieve our mission of creating an interface between building occupants and their space, through room control products and software.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the development and implementation of project plans and strategies
- Preparation of project cost proposals
- Managing project priorities and risks
- Managing project schedules from different project teams
- Management of allocated resources for the projects, both internal employees and external contractors
- Management of contracted projects, including the receipt and validation of deliverables
- Following standard product development processes and assistance in audits
- Overseeing all project deliverables with product development and manufacturing staff
- Initiate projects from assignment with the creation of the project teams with the help of the Director of Product Development
- Prepare all details and information regarding a project and ensure data is stored in the correct places for audits
- Liaise, along with the Product Manager, with external stakeholders and customers for planning
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders regarding deliverables and timelines
- Track and collect project deliverables at definition and final stages
- Coordinate the flow of project information and issues to internal departments and external stakeholders as required
- Ensure important reviews are completed including functional reviews, design reviews and manufacturing reviews
- Be responsible for the transfers and release of a product
Main skills required:
- Diploma in Engineering Technology or relevant education and experience
- 4 to 6 years of experience in project management in a product development setting
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent verbal interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work well under pressure
- Able to be a team builder
- Able to effectively communicate to a wide spectrum of people and disciplines
- Experience in electronic hardware design and/or embedded firmware development is an asset
Years of relevant experience required: 4 years
Education required: Associates or technical diploma
Number of openings: 1
In addition to the competitive compensation package, we also offer a unique work environment that is designed for people who like to work hard and play hard too! Here are just a few examples:
- On-site gym and weight room with personal trainers
- RRSP matching
- Comprehensive extended group health and dental benefits
To apply, go to our careers site at https://deltacontrols.com/careers/#general_applications. Complete or update your profile and submit your application online. Next, go to the applied jobs list to ensure your application has been fully processed. You are also welcome to add or manage job alerts within your candidate account.
We understand that it takes time to apply for a job and appreciate that you spend it showing your interest in working with our team at Delta Controls.