Systems Administrator - L2
Global RelayVancouver, BC9 days ago
We are looking for a Systems Administrator - L2 to join our growing Operations team to assist in server maintenance, application deployments, implementation and maintenance of IT Operations support tools. They will also be performing incident troubleshooting and resolution. The Systems Administrator will work closely within the IT Operations team to continually build, enhance, and maintain highly available systems and applications.
- Identify, troubleshoot, diagnose, and correct systems related issues as they arise
- Monitor and review dashboards, logs, and critical alerts to ensure system issues are identified, escalated, and addressed as quickly as possible
- Assist in the provisioning of virtual servers, including installation, configuration, and maintenance of operating systems
- Provide ongoing operational support and work closely with team members on issue resolution
- Manage and administer incident, problem, and service request queues
- Develop and maintain system use guides, run books, and other documentation as needed
- 3-5 years of experience as a Systems Administrator preferably within a software development environment
- In depth experience installing, configuring, and administering Linux operating systems
- Experience with OpenSource software and/or service management tools and applications (Satellite, Puppet, Zabbix, etc.)
- Previous experience working in an environment with formally structured IT Operational processes: work request ticket management, incident management, change management, problem management
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl, and/or Bash
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as needed
- Ability to adapt to change and work well under pressure
- Ability to multitask and manage numerous projects
- Ability to take on internal operational initiatives as a prime or lead
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, and documentation skills
Nice to Haves:
- Experience running and supporting a global 24x7 internet based service or product
- Solid understanding of networking/firewall concepts and their role within an application development environment
- Service management certifications such as ITIL
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, information governance, surveillance, and eDiscovery solutions to the global finance sector. We help financial services firms preserve and supervise their communications data for regulatory compliance, risk mitigation, and litigation readiness. We deliver our services to over 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, text, market data chat, social media, enterprise social networking, voice, trade data, websites, and more. Recently, we also launched a compliant messaging platform specifically for the finance industry.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in six other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association
- Canada’s 50 Best Small and Medium Employers
- Canada’s Top Employers for Young People
- Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- Canada’s Best Managed Companies – Platinum
- Technology Fast 50 – Leadership
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world’s largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.