BenchVancouver, BC3 months ago
We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
We’re a committed and talented group of diverse people working hard to solve a real, universal problem for millions of entrepreneurs: businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses. Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. We’ve paired smart humans with incredibly powerful software to develop the fastest, most efficient bookkeeping service in history. This lets us provide monthly and yearly financials at an incredibly accessible price, giving business owners the time, confidence, and knowledge they need to be successful.
Bench is growing fast. Recently, we’ve onboarded our 9000th client and our 500th employee. We have a clear, funded path to profitability, and a roadmap that we believe will rapidly accelerate the trajectory of our business. We’re looking for the brightest minds who love solving tough problems to join us on this incredible journey, in pursuit of bringing financial mastery to our clients.
What does the IT department look like?
By joining the IT team, you will be responsible for the overall maintenance, planning, organizing, and execution of all IT functions in an effort to support the daily operations of Bench. We’re a small team that flexes our creativity to continually develop Bench systems to accommodate our limited size. By ensuring the daily operations are smooth, we’re supporting the company’s mission to bring financial mastery to a million entrepreneurs.
The System Administrator will strive to streamline and improve IT capabilities by improving and automating existing infrastructure and applications as well as develop and implement new technical solutions appropriate to our operations.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems, including their financials, and develop strategies for improving, further leveraging or migrating systems off.
- Own the overall technical approach in providing architectural expertise, technical design and technical direction.
- Mentor and coach team members, skill sharing and productive feedback to ensure high quality support and individual development.
- Conduct IT Control and/or IT risk assessments
- Leading and managing project lead initiatives
- Develop operational procedures and guidelines for IT systems as required
- Support Service Desk as Tier 3 Support
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- 2-3 years of experience in troubleshooting and maintaining Apple OSX Environments or ACMT certified
- 1-2+ years of experience as an IT Support Specialist
- 1-2+ years of experience as an IT Lead role
- 1-2+ years experience of Mobile Device Management deployment experience
- Strong analytical, diagnostics, and problem solving skills
- A personable and professional demeanor
- Strong leadership and organizational abilities
It could be an even better fit if you have:
- JAMF Pro Administrator Experience
- Familiarity with current technologies and programming/scripting languages languages would be an asset
Extra bonus points if you are:
- System Administrator Experience
- ACMT Certified
- CCNA Certified
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an annual salary, stock options, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- Once safe to do, we'll return to work in our downtown Vancouver office. It's dog-friendly, close to lots of great restaurants, and easily accessible via transit. We also pride ourselves on our office coffee and the fridge is always stocked, compliments of Bench
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.