At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Halifax, Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 400 staff, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Microserve has an opening for a Software Licensing Specialist (SLS) in Burnaby to provide inside sales related support. If you are looking to join a growing sales team, get mentored by the best and advance your IT sales career with a progressive company this is the role for you! You will report to the Inside Sales Manager and your primary goal will be to ensure our clients receive the best possible experience with Microserve. As the SLS, you will work closely with Microserve Account Executives and clients to provide expert solutions in pre- and post-sale capacity with all facets of software acquisition needs. You will liaise between clients and internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to our client needs and company goals.
At Microserve, we pride ourselves in providing our clients with innovative product solutions that meet a high standard of excellence. If this sounds like the role for you, please review the responsibilities and requirements below. This role can be worked remotely anywhere in Canada, with candidates available to work BC/AB hours.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consult with customers to determine their requirements and identify licensing / subscription models that are the best suited for their needs
- Keep current with strategic software vendors (e.g. Microsoft, Adobe, Veeam, VMWare etc.) licensing and subscription models and articulate the benefits of available options
- Fulfill licensing adds/changes within vendor and distribution portals
- Updating agreements to ensure invoicing reflects actual usage at all times
- Active involvement in drafting & streamlining Software Asset Management Process
- Evaluate software usage options for license optimization
- Assist the clients to identify their position on license compliance across publishers like Microsoft, VMware, Adobe etc.
- Assist the clients to address the challenges related to software licensing by identifying solutions for reducing compliance exposure
- Understand the trends and technological evolutions as it relates to cloud to help customers with their decisions
- Maintain up to date expertise with vendor licensing requirements, terms and options
- Drive sales by promoting appropriate licensing solutions to customers
- Proactive follow up with Account Managers and customers regarding license renewals or up-selling opportunities
- Manage contracts and relationships to maximize value creation for software licensing, maintenance and service offerings
- When appropriate drives customer adoption, expansion and renewal of the core practice area technology
- Attend license training and earn partner certifications
- Maintain an accurate view of software license risk
- Ensure client delivery expectations are met
- Maintain and improve quality results by following standards and recommending improved policies and procedures
- 1-2 years of experience in IT industry, preferably in Software Asset Management and Licensing
- 1-2 years of experience in full cycle sales
- Familiarity with IT/technology licensing, outsourcing and service agreements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attentiveness to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills