PrecisionOSVancouver, BC16 days ago
PrecisionOS is hiring! Join a team of highly creative, skilled developers and surgeons to work on technology at the forefront of digital healthcare.
PrecisionOS is an innovative VR/AR software company that develops simulations and solutions that deliver life-like operating room experience for orthopedic surgeons. Our cutting-edge platforms allow the surgeon to improve their skill set and virtually perform their patient’s surgery prior to the actual procedure. Our vision is to forever change the way physicians acquire knowledge and skills, at a fraction of the cost and time.
A Day in the Life
Precision OS is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to design and build surgical procedures using the latest VR technology. You will be part of a team of highly creative and skilled engineers, artists and surgeons to develop and simulate our client’s surgical procedures.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify requirements to design and build surgical procedures according to client specifications
- Shadow surgeons or observe surgical procedures to obtain reference shots to design realistic training modules
- Communicate effectively with surgeons to understand their surgical procedures and how they can transfer into the VR domain
- Work with QA test team to provide guidance to manage bug fixes
- Manage all tickets within Jira to ensure on time project delivery
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field; or the equivalent combination of education and technical training
- 2+ years of software engineering experience for gaming or VR/AR applications
- Strong 3D math skills (matrix/vector math, trigonometry, linear algebra, etc.)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills
- Self-motivated and willing to learn new knowledge and technique
- Outstanding mindset for collaboration and communication
- Strong verbal and written communications skill
- Experience in real-time computer graphics, knowledge of OpenGL, GLSL (Asset)
- Experience in VR/AR/MR software development, knowledge of Oculus; HTC Vive; Microsoft Mixed Reality Devices (Asset)
Who You Are
- A Team Player - Your positive, can-do attitude leads to constructive collaboration and problem solving to meet project needs and deadlines
- Courageous - We encourage people to be a part of the solution, there are no wrong ideas, we encourage productive failure: fail early, fail fast, and learn from it
- Passionate - You love discovering how things work and translating into real world applications
- Proactive - You don’t wait around for problems or quality concerns to hit others’ radar before brainstorming a fix
In addition to being a leader on this great team with innovative and new technology, we also offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Extended medical & dental benefits
- Paid vacation
- Career growth opportunities
- Ability to work from home during COVID
- Supportive and fun company culture
Ready to lead a team working with some really cool technology? Apply today by submitting your resume!