We are seeking a talented software development engineer to help drive the evolution of AppNeta's cloud-based network performance monitoring solution. You have excellent design and programming skills and a desire to work with complex network and web technology where real-time performance measurements and robust high quality product is of paramount importance.
In this position, you will work with a team of skilled engineers building a SaaS solution that is deployed onto thousands of customer locations. The primary development language for this role is Python.
What’s in it for you?
- Build an enterprise level B2B SaaS application used by some of the world’s largest companies
- Utilize and grow your software design and development skills on a modern technology stack
- An opportunity to work on cloud environments such as Azure, AWS and Google
- A collaborative and supportive development team
- Flexible remote first environment with monthly work from home allowances
- Thorough employee onboarding and training
- Quarterly and annual bonuses
- Generous family leave
- Unlimited vacation and every other Friday off
What you’ll be doing
- Using Python you will design and develop configuration and monitoring tools and services on a Linux platform using agile development methodology
- Work on cloud-based and on-prem monitoring points
- Ensure high quality components through good development practices, including design and code reviews, automated testing, etc.
- Work closely with product owners to understand priorities and requirements
- Investigate and evaluate new technologies
What you’ll bring to the table
- Expertise in Python and shell scripting language
- A strong system design background and knowledge of Linux environment (specifically Debian and Ubuntu)
- Solid understanding of networking concepts
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum processes
Bonus points if you have these skills or experiences
- Experience in AWS and Azure environments using infrastructure as code
- Experience with container-based software and/or virtualization technologies such as KVM and VMWare
- Experience in REST API development
Let’s start a conversation
Candidates rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
If this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box” we’d love to hear from you.
Benefits for you and the ones you love
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Generous paid maternity and paternity leave
- 401k plan (US)
- Pet Insurance (US)
AppNeta is the only network performance monitoring solution that delivers visibility into the end user experience of any application, from any location, at any time. With AppNeta’s SaaS-based solution, IT and Network Ops teams at large, distributed enterprises can quickly pinpoint issues that affect network and business-critical cloud application performance, regardless of where they occur. AppNeta is trusted by some of the biggest Fortune 1000 companies, including 3 out of the 5 largest corporations in the world, as well as 4 out of the 5 largest cloud providers.