Title: Software Developer in Test (SDET)
Company: Delta Controls
Department: Product Development
Area: Product Development, Software Quality Assurance
Our Product Development team is looking for a Software Developer in Test (SDET) for developing automated tests, frameworks and validating functionality of our web and cloud based software solutions.
Work location: This position is located in our head office. Remote work may be available during COVID-19.
City: Surrey, BC
Schedule: Full time
About Delta Controls Inc.
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 Partners/Distributors in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting and access control products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc., the global leader in switching power supply solutions and DC brushless fans and an $8+ billion USD organization, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, working together toward our shared vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and include a comprehensive range of energy management solutions in Industrial Automation, Telecom Power, UPS and Data Center Infrastructure, Automotive Electronics and Energy Storage Systems.
Why work for us?
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and our company is perfect for those who want to create, design and build sustainable solutions using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on building automation.
Here are some of the Delta perks you’ll receive from day 1!
- Employee & safety centric culture with the possibility of remote work
- Flexible hours and scheduling available
- Competitive total compensation along with generous vacation allowances
- Three weeks of vacation
- In-house & external training provided along with education support and opportunities for growth
- Company funded annual personal development budget
- Financial benefits & planning such as group RRSP & company match
- Employer paid premiums for extended healthcare and family-focused benefits (health, vision and dental)
- Travel insurance coverage and access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness - onsite fitness center & company reimbursement for personal gym memberships
- Internal Recognition & Service Awards
- Employee Referral bonuses
- Transit accessible with free onsite parking
- Regular company events such as "Food Truck Fridays", Lunch & Learn and other planned activities
- Work closely with test leads and developers to design test plan strategies based on design documentation and requirements
- Verify that new features are fully implemented and will meet our customer’s needs.
- Maintains test plans for changes in the product.
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts and frameworks.
- Manual and automated test execution.
- Record test results and track issues for resolution.
- Verifies defect fixes are satisfactory on new builds.
- Contribute to the creation of designs for production software with a focus on testability, robustness, and performance.
- Ensures that product development teams are using best practices in software development.
- Provide test status and updates on an ongoing basis.
- Regularly identifies usability problems and make suggestions for improvement.
- Identifies and utilizes any hooks or test shells that may be added to the product to aid in testing.
Main skills required:
- Thorough knowledge of software testing methods and procedures
- Familiar with software development lifecycles and processes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of automated and manual test methods.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to troubleshoot complex problems.
- Experience with Python or other programming languages.
- Familiarity with automated test scripts and tools such as Selenium, Appium, Cucumber, Mocha, JEST, NUnit, Load and Performance Testing, QTP, and Robotium.
- Knowledge of networked applications and systems, knowing where they can break and know how to test for quality, performance and resilience.
- Experience with Windows/Linux Servers is an asset.
- Working knowledge of control theory and electronics is an asset.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science or work experience equivalent.
Years of relevant experience required: 1 year
Education required: Bachelor's degree, Associates or technical diploma
Number of openings: 1
Upon hire, in addition to a competitive compensation package, we also offer a unique work environment that is designed for people who like to work hard and play hard too! Here are just a few examples:
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Sign-On Bonus
- Employer paid premiums for life insurance, health and family-focused benefits such as the employee assistance program, extended health, vision and dental benefits
- Onsite fitness center
- Company paid personal days off
- RRSP match program
- Annual Bonus Program
- Annual sabbatical allowance
To apply, go to our careers site at https://careers.deltacontrols.com. Complete or update your profile and submit your application online. Next, go to the applied jobs list to ensure your application has been fully processed. You are also welcome to add or manage job alerts within your candidate account.
If this position is eligible for remote work, candidates outside of our local area will be considered. If this position is not eligible for remote work then local candidates are preferred and no relocation will be offered for this position. For positions not eligible for remote work the candidate must be legally entitled to work in the country where the job is offered, for any employer, without requiring sponsorship. While we will consider all applications, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please. No outside agencies or recruiters, please.
Keywords: Python Selenium Webdriver TestRail SDET QA