EnerSys has an opportunity for a knowledgeable, proactive, Software Developer in Test to develop and execute test automation suites, at our Vancouver (Burnaby) facility. These tests validate our supervisory and power module software/firmware for our power conversion management systems.
As a Software Developer in Test at a fast-paced organization, you will be a key member of a cross-functional team tasked with the responsibility to help develop and maintain a highly automated test and validation framework for our power conversion products. You have strong technical software engineering skills, are naturally curious, and have a knack for “breaking things” quickly and often through automated tests that you have developed.
EnerSys provides a positive business culture, promoting an environment of teamwork and collaboration with team members locally and across the globe. Managers and Team Leaders are continuously engaged in your career development and offer opportunities for professional development, coaching, training, and growth. This is done, in part, with regular 1-on-1’s and annual performance and compensation reviews.
If this resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the software development teams to design, develop, and execute automated test cases for our system controllers, power conversion modules, batteries, and other test equipment
- Establish a robust, flexible, and maintainable automated test framework that can achieve a high percentage of test coverage for the software and firmware running in our products
- Drive and participate in continuous process improvements focusing on increased levels of automation for testing tasks
- Contribute to high software quality through verification and validation testing
- Participate in the development of the Engineering group’s strategic goals
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of professional experience developing, debugging, and maintaining test suites, and test automation frameworks, preferably in an engineering environment
- 2+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, Python, or C# including object-oriented design
- Experience testing HTTP APIs and web services
- Experience with front-end and end-to-end testing frameworks, such as Katalon and Cypress.io or similar
- Strong object-oriented programming skills
- Ability to collaborate with a high-functioning Agile team to deliver value to customers
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
General Job Requirements
- This position will work in an office setting, expect minimal physical demands.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds/11.5 kilos on occasions.
EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled