About Delta Controls Inc.
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 Partners/Distributors in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting and access control products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc., the global leader in switching power supply solutions and DC brushless fans and an $8+ billion USD organization, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, working together toward our shared vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and include a comprehensive range of energy management solutions in Industrial Automation, Telecom Power, UPS and Data Center Infrastructure, Automotive Electronics and Energy Storage Systems.
Why work for us?
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and our company is perfect for those who want to create, design and build sustainable solutions using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on building automation. Here are some of the Delta perks you’ll receive from day 1!
- Employee & safety centric culture with the possibility of remote work
- Flexible hours and scheduling available
- Three weeks of vacation
- In-house & external training provided along with education support and opportunities for growth
- Wellness - onsite fitness center & company reimbursement for personal gym memberships
- Internal Recognition & Service Awards
- Employee Referral bonuses
- Transit accessible with free onsite parking
- Regular company events such as "Food Truck Fridays", Lunch & Learn and other planned activities
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Software Developer with the Delta Controls Information Systems team, you work with your project team to create leading-edge customer-focused web applications that enable Delta Controls to be easier to do business with than all of our competition. Your versatility and adaptability are very important as you work on continually evolving products in a dynamic industry.
The Information Systems team are passionate about developing new and innovative solutions - you will actively participate in all stages of the development process such as brainstorming ideas, design, implementation, QA testing, functional reviews and continuous improvement. If you get excited about designing world class user experiences, as well as continue to grow and learn new skills, please consider joining Information Systems at Delta Controls!
- Work with UI/UX Designers on conceptual design of new products.
- Take ownership for individual features from requirements to completion while continually striving for an outstanding user experience.
- Employ leading-edge tools and techniques to create innovative Web Server and Mobile Applications.
- Develop highly interactive AJAX web client application components. E.g. Dynamic Charts, Dashboard, Real-time data presentation.
- Working with the Web Team to create customer focused web applications on multiple OS platforms (Windows and Linux).
- Develop server-side support for the UI team to create innovative Web Server and Mobile Applications.
- Develop secure web server applications (avoiding cross-site scripting, SQL injection, etc., vulnerabilities).
- Develop of REST API according to published standards.
- Develop and maintain custom WordPress features, themes and configure WordPress websites;
- Participate in the complete lifecycle of software development using Agile development techniques like daily stand-up, sprint planning, development, sprint reviews and retrospectives
- Perform code reviews for peers, provide relevant feedback, and learn from each other
- Create and maintain internal documentation that communicates product design, implementation and changes
- Deliver scalable, reusable, testable and clean code with proper commenting and version control
Main Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 1+ years of experience as Software Developer.
- Experience working on custom themes and plugins in WordPress.
- Strong understanding of SQL and MySQL
- Strong communication skills including verbal and written.
- Ability to learn quickly and develop new skills.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development practices.
- Experience building modern WordPress sites
- Experience with Elasticsearch.
- Experience in building scalable applications
- Experience in working in a secure software development lifecycle and the application of best practices for cybersecurity
Number of openings: 2
Location: In-office is preferred, but a remote option is also available.
Length of Contract: 12 months, with the possibility to become a permanent hire.