aDolus Technology Inc. is a rapidly growing startup and the global authority on software intelligence for critical infrastructure in the systems vital to our communities, such as energy, transportation, and medical. These industries are facing unprecedented threats from sophisticated cyberattacks that put both lives and livelihoods at risk. At aDolus, we’re doing our part to combat these threats by securing the software supply chain.
We design and manage FACT™: a first in market, easy-to-use, cloud-based SaaS platform that leads the industry in embedded software and firmware protection. FACT provides continuous cybersecurity visibility and risk intelligence on Operational Technology (OT) and Internet of Things (IoT) software. Combining 25 years of OT and IoT experience with cutting-edge AI technology, FACT correlates millions of critical software components across products, product lines, and vendors to provide its customers with crucial, actionable insights.
We are looking for software developers with interest (and ideally some experience) in developing applications for the analysis of file systems and software packaging using C# and .NET. Your job objective will be to create technology and tools to rapidly analyze files using a variety of real-time operating systems (RTOS). With support from our experts, you will be exploring new areas of software security and should be comfortable tackling challenges in binary and firmware parsing, file unpacking, and metadata extraction. Ongoing mentoring and training will be provided to let you stay current with the latest developments in the fields of supply chain and software security.
The work also includes solving real-world software security problems. You will work closely with your development team leader to build and integrate solutions that add value to society. You will also collaborate with our data science team to assure data and extractions from software/firmware analysis tools are efficient, valid, and insightful. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and socially responsible cybersecurity startup that solves a critical problem in a fascinating market.
Work from anywhere in North America (aDolus operates a fully remote development team).
- Develop C#-based applications, including prototyping, development, and documentation
- Assist with file format analysis, extraction, and the integration of the resulting data in the FACT platform
- Support file signature identification and development
- Develop test cases with robust samples
- Continually ensure high-quality code and performance
- Participate in code reviews
- Contribute and collaborate as part of the Scrum Team
- Update your professional knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications
Who You Are
Our ideal candidate is an organized, energetic, and passionate team player with a can-do approach to their job. You are a self-starter with experience in designing, developing, and testing reliable software solutions. You love learning, are flexible, and can adapt quickly to deal with unexpected challenges (and sometimes “unGoogleable” problems) as they arise. You love to think beyond what is immediately asked, and can navigate challenges proactively.
Required Skills and Experience
- A diploma or degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related field or equivalent professional or military experience
- 1.5+ years experience in applications development
- Experience writing program logic in C# (C/C++ and low-level Python are considered)
- Strong understanding of Linux, opensource, and general applications
- Comfortable working in an Agile development environment
- Comfortable researching various topics and reviewing reference code
- Well organized with good prioritization/workload management abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills