At Microserve, we're an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 500 team members, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized for our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
We are looking for a Service Technician to join our Print Services team in Burnaby, BC. The Service Technician is a professional who installs new printers, configures printers on network, maintains and ensures the proper function of standalone printers, scanners, or Network Printers.
The Service Technician takes care of regular and routine repairs, including replacements. This role will provide service and client support during field visits or dispatches and manage all on-site installation, repair, maintenance, and test tasks. They will also diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions.
The Service Technician should be well-versed with the functionality to explain the equipment operation better to the client. The technician will have to directly interact with clients before the site visit. This will help the professional to ensure corrective measures are taken to rectify it. They should maintain a positive relationship with the clients.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintains, deploys, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs printer systems, hardware, and related peripherals
- Documents, maintains, upgrades, or replaces hardware and software systems
- Perform diagnostic repairs and preventative maintenance for our clients in the local area
- Trains and consults end users on printer functions as required
- May also be required to repair PC/Workstation and laptops
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 1-3 years of experience in the service and repair of printers/MFP devices
- 1-3 years of experience in a Digital Imaging Environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain positive client service
- CompTIA PDI+ Certification (or similar)
- Certifications from HP or other printer manufacturers are considered an asset
- Knowledge of manufacturers service advisory/order management/parts lookup processes is preferred
- Must have reliable vehicle and driver's license (we offer competitive mileage reimbursement)
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check (CPIC)