Senior Software Engineer (Fullstack)
GalvanizeVancouver, BC21 days ago
Purpose Driven Career
Spend your days making a difference, not just working for a living. At Galvanize, we help our thousands of customers in countries all over the world make a direct impact every day. We do that by creating security, risk management, compliance, and audit software that uncovers fraud, waste, and abuse in their organizations.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, with an award-winning culture, and a global presence. We work with the best customers and coworkers, tackling strategic business challenges and building awesome careers. Our Values are Customer Intensity, Embracing Ambiguity, and Authenticity, and they influence everything we do.
As a member of our R&D team, you will help our team to build seamless integrations across our modules and services while also partnering closely with our product and UX teams to create and maintain new user features in our GRC platform. We have a product development group of 165+ and counting (the company has over 475 employees). To understand more about software development at Galvanize, check out our blog.
What you need to succeed
- 5+ years of professional experience delivering large-scale, high availability, secure web applications in an agile environment
- Strong ability to architect for product requirements and implement them in a simple and efficient manner
- Strong ability to coach, mentor and lead fellow developers, provide guidance on technical design and provide constructive code reviews
- Experience working with relational databases and what it takes to run code in a production environment
- Care deeply about code quality and writing great tests at multiple layers
- Care deeply about the user’s experience - from the performance and stability of the systems your code is deployed on, to the usability of the product you build
- Passion for learning, sharing your knowledge and continuous improvement
- Experience with AWS, Terraform, React or Ruby on Rails is a plus
- Contributions to open-source projects and involvement in local meetups are a plus
Why you’ll love working here
1. You’ll tackle unique challenges and face the unknown often, supported by an amazing team who really want you to succeed.
2. Your growth opportunities are endless. From professional development to job shadowing, we’ll work with you to make your career goals happen.
3. You’ll become part of a greater community. We believe in mentorship, supporting students to explore opportunities in STEM, and many other important causes.
4. You’ll be paid well and enjoy great benefits, paid days off to volunteer in your community, relocation opportunities to our international offices and other perks to keep your mind and body healthy.
Ready to apply?
Thanks for your interest! Apply at wegalvanize.com/careers. Once we’re reviewed your application and determined it’s a match, we’ll reach out with next steps. Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Galvanize welcomes applications from all candidates who meet our job requirements. Galvanize does not discriminate based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended.