Ministry of Health
This position is based out of Victoria and Victoria is the preferred location; however, Vancouver may be considered based on operational capacity. If located in Vancouver, travel will be required to Victoria office when it is needed.
Senior Security Analyst
$75,552.53 - $86,175.83 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
The Health Sector IM/IT Division (HSIMIT) consolidates the Ministry’s information management and information technology (IM/IT) systems into one portfolio and ensures a coordinated approach across the Ministry of Health and the provincial health sector. The division promotes the integration of health sector data into daily business operations and policy development and provides sector-wide leadership for IM/IT planning and business solutions.
As a Senior Security Analyst, you will deliver the ministry’s information security program by providing support and advice for internal and external clients, ensuring all activity conforms to corporate security policy and procedures and other relevant legislation, and meets the highest security standards for a variety of sensitive information. You will analyze client operations management of ministry and information protection controls and processes relating to ministry information assets. You will also provide guidance and direction on interpretation of policies and standards (including providing interim policy direction) and initiate development of ministry, health sector or provincial policy/standards as appropriate. Additionally, you will provide strategic and tactical information security and compliance knowledge expertise to Ministry of Health IM/IT initiatives, projects and ongoing programs
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree or diploma, in the computer science field or a related field. Degree preferred.
- Professional designation as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or equivalent, or willingness to obtain within one (1) year. Preference may be given to candidates who already have applicable certification.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Three (3) years or more of broad IM/IT experience.
- Two (2) years or more of information security experience.
- Preference may be given to applicants with a minimum one (1) year of experience performing IM/IT security threat and risk assessments in a large, complex organization.
For more information and to apply online by April 7, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/97343