The ReadyMode Senior QA Analyst is responsible for the design, creation, tracking, and execution of clearly articulated test cases based on the detailed analysis of user stories, the application, and its various components. These test cases may be designed and executed in a test tracking system, or in the context of an automation framework as appropriate.
Additionally, the Senior QA Analyst will be responsible for analysing requirements, drawing up test documents, manually executing functional and regression tests, and implementing test strategies and improving QA processes. Separately, the Senior QA Analyst will work on troubleshooting quality issues, modifying test procedures, executing and gathering test results, and ensuring a successful product launch. Test summary and metrics should be presented in a manner that can be consumed by both technical and non-technical audiences.
Not only is relevant industry experience important, but so are your demonstrated abilities and attitude. Your desire to learn, empathy for our customers and fellow ReadyMode teammates, and enthusiasm to excel are all key factors in your success at ReadyMode.
Previous positions you may have held could include QA Analyst or Lead QA Tester.
The ideal candidate for the Senior QA Analyst position typically self-identifies as a detail-oriented team player who is driven by curiosity, is eager to learn, and has a keen mind for troubleshooting and problem solving. They would be hands-on with all types of manual and functional testing, interfacing with both web based UIs, APIs, and back end systems, and coordinating his/her own work to resolve issues and meet project goals.
What You'll Do
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure functionality is delivered to specification
- Analyze requirements and user stories
- Design and develop focused test plans and test cases
- Execute functional and regression tests as part of each release cycle
- Provide test results in a manner that easily consumable by technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Work with development, release management and other stakeholders
- Take ownership of the establishment, maintenance, and requirements for the testing environments
- Projects or duties outlined as the QA Manager sees fit
Qualifications / Experience
- Degree in a relevant discipline or technical diploma
- 6+ years experience as a QA tester/analyst
- Solid understanding of quality assurance and testing methodologies relative to software development lifecycle
- Experience with data-driven test case development
- Prior experience with non-functional testing (such as performance, compatibility, etc.)
- Great communication and analytical skills
- Ability to contribute to improving QA best practices
- VoIP experience
- Successfully procured and utilized a data-driven test case management system
The Perks and Benefits
- Annual remote work equipment, supplies or wellness budget
- Group RRSP matching
- A full benefits package
- Annual education and training grant
- Recognition and rewards
- Virtual team building events
- The tools you need to get the job done well
- Monthly food budget