Senior Project Engineer/Analyst
Clir RenewablesVancouver15 days ago
Position Title: Senior Project Engineer/Analyst, Customer Success
Reports To: Regional Manager of Customer Success
We are on a mission to minimize humankind’s impact on the climate. We do this by turning renewable energy data into action. We have global growth across 15 countries and 4 continents, with growth of 300% per year. Founded in Canada we are continuously expanding our global footprint with team members located in North America, Europe, and South America.
Guided by our core values, we are passionate, excited, and determined to fulfill our mission!
About the role:
We are focused on changing the renewable energy industry and as a Senior Project Analyst, you will have an opportunity to be part of this mission.
As a Senior Project Analyst, your renewable energy domain knowledge will support the growth of Clir. This integral position will work closely with our largest clients in North America to ensure they are maximizing the benefit Clir can provide.
Every day, your focus will be on our clients satisfaction, communicating the value from our software platform and services, and looking for how we can increase farm performance, health, and reduce technical financial risk. Communication, domain knowledge, and a deep sense of care will help you thrive in this position.
● Passionate about our core values (communication, sustainability, inclusion, impact, and innovation) and excited about client management and project planning
● Experienced engineer or project management professional with at least 3 years in wind or solar energy industries
● Proven track record of increasing client satisfaction and using data to support client conversations
● Comfortable with focusing among multiple competing priorities and approaching hard questions through a lens of curiosity
● Excited to work directly with clients, establishing relationships in the renewables industry, and be the go-to person for problem-solving
● Inspired about the future of renewable energy and mitigating client change
What you’ll be doing:
● Manage client project delivery and drive technical discussions on asset optimization
● Communicate to clients on the value of Clir product through regular, scheduled, and ad-hoc meetings
● Educate clients on how to use Clir expertly to find issues and opportunities at their farms
● Generate client excitement about what value they will or can receive later (ie. product updates, analytics capabilities, workflows)
● Train customers to use Clir products and to understand the value in different aspects of Clir’s offering
● Work closely with Business Development and Customer Success leadership to uncover client expansion opportunities
● Coordinate with internal stakeholders to onboard, understand data requirements, and build out integration plans
● Support product team in gathering client feedback to drive future work
● Mentor the team, cultivate knowledge sharing, and contribute to Clir’s knowledge base with tool tutorials and industry insights
What you’ll need:
● An understanding of technical and commercial aspects of wind farm operations
● 3 years of Engineering, Project management, or related experience in renewable energy
● A technical and data analytics mindset
● Ability to context switch frequently
● A positive and helpful attitude, both when educating customers about our product and when working with teammates internally
● Written and verbal English language communication skills
● Experience working for a wind farm developer, OEM, or engineering consultancy
● Experiences of remote working with teams spanning multiple timezones
● Start-up experience
● Fluency in another language
What’s in it for you:
● Opportunity to work in an inclusive and diverse workplace
● Be part of a team that is focused on reducing our impact on the environment
● A chance to grow your skills and career alongside a supportive team of mentorship-focused colleagues
● Professional development benefits
● Flexible schedule
● Work from home friendly
At Clir Renewables, diversity and inclusion are not words we take lightly. These are words we take to heart, we drive to better understand our biases, and recognize that we have more work to do to create a workforce that truly represents those who our product serves. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to thank all the applicants, in advance, for your interest in our company, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.