Senior Product Manager
Tasktop TechnologiesVancouver15 days ago
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to help take ownership of our core product, Tasktop Integration Hub. You will be responsible for expanding its capabilities, designing and testing new features, and (especially) leading the continued development Cloud-based version of the product.
You will be tasked with guiding continued investment in the technologies, architectures and feature-set to ensure our flagship product continues its relevance and market dominance. This is a fairly technical product aimed at a fairly technical clientele.
You will also be responsible for making tough decisions and tradeoffs regarding what we need to build, and what features we need to add to best serve our existing customers and partners, and to provide for pathways to new business, including features that promote adjacent Tasktop offerings.
Following your ramp-up you will have developed a good understanding of the business impacts & market changes that affect our overall platform, including both Hub on-prem and Hub Cloud, and adjacent offerings such as Tasktop Viz, and you will use this understanding to best inform your decisions.
Working alongside our engineering team, you will be responsible for developing more efficient, cost effective processes & methods and technologies to streamline our development and maintenance.
This is your chance to make an impact, both within Tasktop and the software development industry as a whole.
Who you are
A person with:
- Experience handling a significant volume of inputs and make effective decisions based on that input
- Significant experience with managing an enterprise Cloud-based product
- Ability to make decisions and operate comfortably without full information and clarity
- Able to communicate effectively and directly with customers and partners to both understand their needs, communicate our plans and handle escalations
- Ability to liaise with engineering at a technical level to ensure engineers understand the business context of what we are creating to help them make effective trade-offs during development
- Comfort with regular communication with our executive management team and various departmental stakeholders to both understand their needs and distill business priorities
- Ability to creatively design features and execute on those designs, working with engineering, customers and user experience designers
- Ability to manage a backlog and work with engineering leaders to create effective and achievable release plans that are engaging and clearly articulate the business value of what is being delivered
- Ability to think critically with speed and flexibility to identify and understand complex use cases
What gives you an edge
- Experience developing a Cloud-based product from an existing on-prem offering, including an understanding of what surrounding operational activities and capabilities are necessary to ensure success.
- Bachelor's and/or Master’s degree in technology or technology management related field
- 5+ years of experience in product management in the technology space
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience as a strong leader who can prioritize, communicate clearly and influence across cross functional teams
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to think strategically and simultaneously manage tactical execution
- Curiosity to dig into metrics to understand key business drivers and whether they are useful inputs to measuring and managing a business or process
Who we are:
Tasktop is transforming how the world’s largest organizations manage the process of building software. Our Value Stream Management (VSM) platform has enabled our Fortune 500 customers to dramatically reduce their time to market and increase the velocity of software development. Sitting above the entire software development toolchain, Tasktop’s VSM platform integrates all popular software development tools - like Jira, ServiceNow, Azure DevOps and many more - and allows organizations to see where work is getting stuck and how they can improve. The company has been recognized by industry analysts such as Forrester and Gigaom as the leader in this new category of tools.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada, Tasktop is a global company with staff across North America, Europe and Australia. We have an energetic vibe, where we value work/life balance and creating an organization of diverse individuals that learn from each other. Recently named Built-In Austin’s Best Midsize Place to Work For, Tasktop provides the space to do the best work of your life.
Diversity and caring for each other are two of Tasktop’s key values and at Tasktop, we have built a community of mutual respect and trust. We believe that diverse teams perform better and foster an environment of belonging and inclusion. We aim to continually learn, evolve, and be better versions of ourselves.
As a Tasktop employee you will enjoy flexibility, a health and wellness allowance, volunteer programs, a generous vacation offering, happy hours, and plenty more benefits!
Do you want to join the movement?? We would love to hear from you. Apply within!