At Pixieset, our vision is to become the household name for photographers. We are a growing team that is passionate about crafting beautiful, simple, end-to-end software solutions that meet the needs of modern photographers - one in which the entirety of their working life is empowered and streamlined by Pixieset.
Pixieset is ranked #8 in the most recent 2019 Growth 500 ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies. In 2017, Pixieset was listed #18 on the STARTUP 50 ranking of Canada’s Top New Growth Companies.
Want to learn more about us? Check out our careers page here: https://pixieset.com/careers/
We're looking for a Senior Front End Developer to accelerate the development and growth of the Pixieset product. You will be working behind-the-scenes with other talented engineers to create great products for over 500,000 professional photographers from around the world. As a Front End Developer, you will help build beautiful and functional interfaces for our users, creating a lasting impression for photographers as well as their clients. You have a desire to do whatever it takes to constantly improve the user experience with ever-changing technologies.
On any given day, you might be doing:
- Designing and implementing product features for our web application
- Implementing pixel-perfect web UI for both mobile and desktop devices according to design
- Build beautiful user-centered experiences and produce robust and reusable code
- Ensuring a consistent user experience across various browsers, devices, and operating systems
- Working with lead developer and designer to estimate project timelines
- Demonstrating creative problem solving skills and do whatever it takes to resolve issues
- Researching and integrating new technologies to drive our front end development forward
There are some perks working at Pixieset as well! Full-time engineers enjoy the following:
- Competitive salary
- 4 weeks vacation to help you unplug and recharge
- Health, dental and vision benefits for you to stay on top of your health
- Education budget to help you learn and grow
- Additional wellness stipend to support your physical and mental well-being
- Macbook and any tools you need to help you be at your best
- Home office setup stipend to create an enjoyable work environment
- Charitable donation matching
- Fun team building activities and events
- Beer Hour Fridays
We are looking for developers who can pick up any technology quickly, able to navigate through product designs with ease, and are able to work effectively with cross-functional teams. Ideally you have:
- 2-4 years of professional working experience in a similar role preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar technical degree in Front End Development or Interactive Design
- Experience in cross-browser compatibility, web accessibility, validation and responsive web development
- Experience in following wireframes, mockups, etc
- A keen eye for detail - pixel pushing until perfection and extremely detail-oriented
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, single-page applications, and AJAX
- Experience with source control and issue tracking like Git, Atlassian JIRA
- A sense of ownership and take great pride in achieving excellence
- UX / UI Experience
- PHP Framework experience (Yii, CodeIgnighter, Laravel)
- Experience with design tools such as Figma or Sketch
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
If some of this is new to you, it's okay - we are looking for quick learners! The ideal candidate is also highly self-motivated, has a strong sense of product design and loves working with technology. If this sounds like the right fit and you are excited about working in a small and growing team, get in touch with us!
The Pixieset team is currently working remotely due to provincial guidelines surrounding COVID-19. We will continue to evaluate the possibility of going back to in-office work in the coming months. Given the uncertainty around the situation, applicants should be prepared to work remotely for an extended period of time. Remote candidates must have work authorization in Canada.
While cover letters are not required to apply for this role, we encourage you to add one to your application - we’d love to read about why you’re interested, what achievements you’re proud of and what makes you the right person for the role! We would also like to thank you in advance for applying. Because we receive an overwhelming number of applications, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
At Pixieset, being committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of the keys to our success. We believe that talent is talent, and that having many different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences makes for a stronger team.