We are looking for an exceptional Senior Firmware Engineer to work with a team of talented engineers in the design, development, construction, and troubleshooting of specialized hardware solutions for a variety of highly valued customers. The Senior Software / Firmware Engineer reports to the Manager, Electrical and Software Design and supports our primary focus areas in the development of sensor systems. The successful candidate must have experience in embedded development. The candidate must have excellent decision-making skills, enjoy working as part of a team and be comfortable presenting information through briefings and informal meetings with internal management and the customer. This position offers an outstanding opportunity for growth and personal development.
What you will do:
- Create firmware (embedded) designs for microcontrollers including most standard data transfer protocols for communicating with auxiliary hardware: EtherCAT, CAN, I2C, SPI, Modbus, USB and RS232/485.
- Analyze customer requirements and use scenarios of a product, provide guidelines for hardware design, firmware design, software design and test plan.
- Write applications in C/C++ and LabVIEW to verify the hardware/firmware performance.
- Produce software design documentation & operating guides in accordance with company practices
- Handle aggressive deadlines with agility and results driven approach
What will you bring to the team, along with your creativity and forward-thinking:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering
- 7+ years of experience developing in C & C++ , with embedded development emphasis
- Experience with MPLAB X IDE, Atmel Studio, DAVE,, TwinCAT (3) or Code Composer Studio.
- Excellent technical, analytical, problem-solving skills, with strong attention to details
- Good comfort level with hardware, lab equipment and hands on troubleshooting
- Excellent time management skills and commitment to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills (interpersonal and written) and organizational skills with a proven ability to collaborate with team members in a fast-paced multi-disciplined environment
- Positive, proactive, collaborative and innovative approach
- EtherCAT Slave development experience is considered an asset.
What perks you will receive:
- Healthcare Including Medical, Dental and Vision, Life Insurance and AD&D, Travel Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Recognition Awards
- Paid Sick Days
- Additional Flex Day Off with Spending Allowance
- Performance Based Profit-Sharing Bonus Percentage
- Transit Zone 1 Reimbursement
- RRSP Matching
- Global Employee Assistance Program
- Active Social Committee Programs, BBQ, Food Trucks, Camping, Etc.