Senior DevOps/SRE Engineer (Linux)
Global RelayVancouver, BC9 days ago
As a DevOps/SRE engineer you will be responsible for the reliability and smooth operation of production and test environments and build automation to improve reliability and efficiency of code delivery from build to production.
At Global Relay we use leading edge technologies to deploy and manage 1000's of servers and the infrastructure that delivers highly scalable and available services. The role involves cross-team collaboration and communication; you will be working closely with key stakeholders to ensure that product requirements are met. This is an opportunity to influence the design and implementation of systems at scales that many do not get a chance to work at.
Depending on your team's needs and your skill-sets, your time will be split between
- Automation: Developing tools & frameworks to enhance our CI (Continuous Integration) & CD (Continuous Delivery) automation using industry standard CI/CD practices
- Operations: Monitor and ensure smooth operation of production and test environments by executing common sysadmin (system administration) tasks and automating repetitive tasks
- Service Reliability: Occasionally provide support and initial troubleshooting when required by reviewing dashboards and logs to ensure system issues are timely addressed
- 5+ years experience as a DevOps/SRE engineer or similar role
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals like threading, OOP and more
- Understanding of software systems concepts such as networking, firewalls, protocols, databases and more
- Understanding of software delivery practices such as Git branching models, configuration management, secret rotation, feature toggling, no-downtime deployment and more
- Experience with:
- Linux (CentOS preferred), Bash and Maven/Gradle
- Database fundamentals for Ms SQL and NoSQL DBs
- Automation using Bash, Python or other similar scripting languages
- Writing, reading and deciphering code in Java or other similar programming languages
- CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Infrastructure as Code tools such as Ansible
- Containerization/Virtualization technology such as Docker, VMware or OpenShift Kubernetes
- Load balancing tools such as HA-Proxy, Nginx or F5
- Instrumentation & Monitoring tools such as: Splunk, Zabbix, or Prometheus
- Experience with the following would be considered an asset:
- Experience with any of these: Cassandra, Zookeeper, Hadoop, Kafka, Ms SQL, or MongoDB
- Experience leading or mentoring other engineers
- Experience influencing the design and delivery of software in your organization
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, information governance, surveillance, and eDiscovery solutions to the global finance sector. We help financial services firms preserve and supervise their communications data for regulatory compliance, risk mitigation, and litigation readiness. We deliver our services to over 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, text, market data chat, social media, enterprise social networking, voice, trade data, websites, and more. Recently, we also launched a compliant messaging platform specifically for the finance industry.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in six other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association
- Canada’s 50 Best Small and Medium Employers
- Canada’s Top Employers for Young People
- Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- Canada’s Best Managed Companies – Platinum
- Technology Fast 50 – Leadership
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world’s largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.