At Pixieset, our vision is to become the household name for photographers. We are a growing team that is passionate about crafting beautiful, simple, end-to-end software solutions that meet the needs of modern photographers - one in which the entirety of their working life is powered and streamlined by Pixieset.
Pixieset is ranked #8 in the most recent 2019 Growth 500 ranking of Canada's Fastest-Growing Companies, and recognized on Deloitte's "Technology Fast 50". In 2017, Pixieset was listed #18 on the STARTUP 50 ranking of Canada's Top New Growth Companies.
Want to learn more about us? Check out our careers page here: https://pixieset.com/careers/
We are looking for a Senior DevOps / Cloud Engineer to join our engineering team. You will be working behind-the-scenes to keep the lights on at Pixieset for over 500,000 professional photographers from around the world. As a DevOps / Cloud Engineer you will be responsible for maintaining and growing our infrastructure as well as provisioning, configuring and monitoring all our services.
You will also continuously explore ways to improve our technology operations such as setting up continuous deployment, testing, and configuration management systems. You'll be working with systems built using Ubuntu, PHP, MySQL, Postgres, Redis and many AWS products, all operating as high-availability, large-scale, mission-critical services. You will be one of our subject-matter experts on topics such as monitoring, redundancy, fault-tolerance, and disaster recovery at scale.
We truly believe that DevOps is a mindset, not just a role. This means that we are not looking for someone to be the go-to person for all things cloud / infrastructure - but rather - setup, demonstrate, and teach the foundation and best practices for our full stack development teams to build upon and grow.
- Support our engineering team to ship high quality, bug-free features
- Coach, mentor and enable other DevOps engineers, developers and testers
- Create and document processes that enable our team members to onboard quickly
- Write high-quality infrastructure-as-code that automates provisioning, deployment, scaling, and monitoring of services of our cloud infrastructure on AWS
- Working with external vendors on infrastructure integrations and solutions
- Constantly finding ways to automate and enable self-serve capabilities
- Continually share knowledge of best practices, trends, competition, etc.
There are some perks working at Pixieset as well! Full-time DevOps / Cloud Engineers enjoy the following:
- Competitive salary
- 4 weeks of vacation to help you unplug and recharge
- Health, dental and vision benefits for you to stay on top of your health
- Education budget to help you learn and grow
- Additional wellness stipend to support your physical and mental well-being
- Macbook and any tools you need to help you be at your best
- Home office setup stipend to create an enjoyable work environment
- Charitable donation matching
- Fun team building activities and events
- Beer Hour Fridays
We are looking for an Senior DevOps / Cloud Engineer who can pick up any technology quickly and is comfortable jumping into platforms and various code bases. Ideally you have:
- 5+ years in a DevOps / Cloud Engineer / Systems Engineer role or equivalent
- Strong understanding of web application architecture and patterns in a high-volume, highly available, scalable environment
- Strong experience configuring and maintaining Linux systems (e.g. Ubuntu)
- Extensive production experience with AWS products (EC2, RDS, S3, Cloudfront, VPC, etc.)
- Experience with networking, VPC, security, caching, DNS, CDNs, load balancing, and low-level performance tuning
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code (Terraform, CloudFormation, CDK, etc)
- Used configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Knowledge of Role-based access control (RBAC) or identity management best practices for internal users
- Competency in one or more scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Perl, Shell, etc)
- Experience with system monitoring tools (NewRelic, Prometheus, statsd, etc)
- AWS Certification - this is not required but a bonus
The ideal candidate is also highly self-motivated, detailed-oriented and loves working with technology. If this sounds like the right fit and you are excited about working in a growing team, get in touch with us!
The Pixieset team is currently working remotely due to provincial guidelines surrounding COVID-19. We will continue to evaluate the possibility of going back to in-office work in the coming months. Given the uncertainty around the situation, applicants should be prepared to work remotely for an extended period of time. Remote candidates must have work authorization in Canada.
While cover letters are not required to apply for this role, we encourage you to add one to your application - we’d love to read about why you’re interested, what achievements you’re proud of and what makes you the right person for the role! We would also like to thank you in advance for applying. Because we receive an overwhelming number of applications, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
At Pixieset, being committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of the keys to our success. We believe that talent is talent, and that having many different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences makes for a stronger team.