Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction
Senior Data Architect and Data Scientist
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
The Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we strive to ensure all employees contribute in meaningful ways, bring their full self to work and celebrate their differences.
As a Senior Data Architect & Data Scientist, you will be responsible for modelling complex problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, machine learning, algorithmic, data mining and visualization techniques. You will collaborate effectively with stakeholders and cross-functional teams to solve problems and apply your leadership skills to managing data as a vital asset. You should be able to apply a breadth of tools, data sources and analytical techniques to answer a wide range of high-impact business questions and present the insights in concise and effective manner.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in a related field and 3-year related experience, or,
- Diploma in the related field, and 4 years related experience, or,
- Certification from a recognized institution, in a related field and 5 years related experience, OR,
- An equivalent combination of education and 6 years related experience.
Related Education fields may include: Information Technology, Information Management, Data Science, Computer Science, GIS, Statistics, Mathematics, or other relevant specialty education as designated by program requirements.
- Experience leading project teams.
- Experience in information resource management, corporate data design, relational/object data modeling; and/or process modelling, data analysis, data warehousing and business area analysis techniques; and/or data management principles, structured analysis and design, and documentation of business requirements.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, including delivering incremental logical and/or physical data model releases. Preference may be given to applicants with 2 or more years of experience.
- Experience with Report design and development using BI tools, including query optimization and database view development; developing reports and data visualizations via such tools as Microsoft Power BI and Tableau.
- Experience at leveraging structured and unstructured data sources to conduct quantitative analysis.
- Experience determining appropriate use of various problem structuring methods and statistical methods for sampling, distribution assessment, bias, and error.
For more information and to apply online by August 9, 2022, please go to: