Senior Data Analyst
Cymax GroupBurnaby, BCa month ago
Do you want to work closely with the data and processes of a successful e-commerce business? We’re looking for a Data Analyst to transform insights gained from data into actionable recommendations to drive sales and profit. In this role, you’ll be working to analyze & improve the way we do things, by defining requirements and then creating solutions.
Our Analytics team prides itself on providing everyone at Cymax with timely, accurate, and actionable information. Our hardworking team makes this possible by collecting, analyzing, and reporting data to give insight into the big picture. Whether through Business Intelligence, Data Science, or Operations Research, we use our expertise in big data to facilitate business decisions.
What you’ll do:
- Gain a deep understanding of the business by seeking information beyond the surface level. You’ll investigate the source, the definition, and foundational roots of a data element in order to synthesize valuable information for the business.
- Work with internal stakeholders to determine business requirements and deliverables on an on-going basis, to help the business make data-driven decisions.
- Collect, clean, validate and analyze complex data from multiple sources. You will be responsible for detecting patterns and problems within data and suggesting improvements.
- Actively using data to determine market and business trends, identify potential problems, and provide recommendations (pricing optimizations, etc.) for increasing profit and sales.
- Working closely with Data Engineers and BI Analysts to improve data accuracy and completeness, reports usability, and generating more actionable insights.
- Summarizing findings and supporting presentation materials for communication with internal and external stakeholders.
Who you are:
- Min of 6 years experience working in Data Analytics
- Advanced experience and knowledge in SQL
- Experience in Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Experience with visualization tools like Microsoft Power BI or Tableau
- Advanced experience with Excel
- Experience with scripting languages (Python/R) and functional programming
- Experience with Data Mining, Statistical, and Quantitative Analysis
- Experience with data warehouse concepts and foundations
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Ability to balance multiple demands and work both independently and as part of a team
- Creative problem-solving skills with excessive attention to detail
- Passion for the data analysis and visualization
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with SCRUM/Agile methodologies
- Prior experience working within an eCommerce environment would be an asset
Why work here!
The Cymax Group of brands build tech that runs business. Founded in 2004, our vision was simple: design an exceptional eCommerce experience. That idea evolved into a platform that includes online marketplaces Cymax Business and HomeSquare; Freight Club, a logistics solution; and digital supply chain tech enabling manufacturers with multichannel control: Channel Gate.
So, why work with us? For newbies to online selling, there is no better place to gain a comprehensive education on the end-to-end eCommerce experience. For the well-seasoned eComm aficionado, you’ll be on the cutting edge of eCommerce technology and innovation. For everyone, there's room to grow, mentorship, and a data-driven culture filled with diverse people who can’t wait to meet you. So why wait? Take your tech career to the next level and apply now!