Delta ControlsSurrey, BC - Remote opportunities availablea month ago
Title: Senior Buyer
Job number: 000499
Company: Delta Controls
Department: Supply Chain
Area: Supply Chain / Purchasing / Logistics / Shipping / Receiving
Delta Controls is looking for an experience Senior Buyer, this role will be a key interface in the commercial management of supplier relationships.
Start date: ASAP
Work location: This position is located in our head office. Remote work may be available during COVID-19.
City: Surrey, BC
Schedule: Full time
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 Partners/Distributors in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting and access control products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc., the global leader in switching power supply solutions and DC brushless fans and an $8+ billion USD organization, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, working together toward our shared vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and include a comprehensive range of energy management solutions in Industrial Automation, Telecom Power, UPS and Data Center Infrastructure, Automotive Electronics and Energy Storage Systems.
Why work for us!
- In-house training, education and opportunities for growth.
- Financial benefits such as RRSP matching and life insurance.
- Health and family-focused benefits such as extended health, vision and dental benefits with employer paid premiums, onsite fitness center, reimbursement for gym memberships, travel insurance coverage and an Employee Assistance Program.
- Our employees are recognized through Service Awards and Employee Referral bonuses.
- Our location is transit accessible and we have free on-site parking.
- Three weeks of vacation after three years of employment.
- Depending on the role, casual or business casual dress is the norm.
The Senior Buyer has a responsibility to manage raw material supplies, material replenishment requirements, and overall inventory management/stocking level strategies. The objective is to ensure the demands of the organization are met with little to no impact for internal and external customers. This role will be a key interface in the commercial management of supplier relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the key liaison for strategic supplier partnerships and provide guidance to the broader team, with respect to global supply issues and/or relevant supplier roadmaps.
- Manage a portfolio of materials and suppliers to ensure that both Production and Project objectives are met.
- Balance incoming material supply to ensure that production demands are met while minimizing on-hand inventory.
- Responsible for the end-to-end cycle of material replenishment through to managing supplier forecasts, returns and rebate schedules.
- Manage raw material/component item masters, item inventory target levels, buffer profiles and item classification.
- Negotiate best achievable material pricing and payment/delivery terms.
- Drive the design and implementation of a Supplier Performance Management System.
- Actively participate in a supplier selection process, including participation in supplier audits and ongoing supplier performance management.
- Lead the determination of supplier capability, capacity constraints and identification of development requirements, along with driving supplier improvement initiatives.
- Proactively communicate potential issues and interruptions in supply.
- Identify new or alternate sources of supply, including both onshore and offshore possibilities, targeting lower end-to-end cost of supply and alignment with long-term supply chain strategies.
- Work in a team environment to optimize supplier quality, on-time delivery, lead-time and cost.
- Create RFQ packages for required materials as necessary.
- Work with other functional areas across the organization to solve any issues related to material supply and quality, including discrepancies against orders or invoices.
- Be the key interface from Supply Chain to support the Quality Management System
- Ensure all policies, procedures, and work instructions related to procurement are reviewed periodically and updated to reflect current practices.
- Mentor, coach, and lead junior team members.
- Perform management duties as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Main skills required:
- Technical knowledge of electronic component or previous work experience related to procurement of electronic components will be an asset.
- Proven history of supply chain successes and supplier management.
- Exceptional negotiation, leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to build commitment to ideas, plans, and courses of action.
- Proven ability to manage challenges while continuing to meet deadlines and achieve goals.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment.
- Strong time management skills and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Detailed and highly organized.
- Able to working independently and in a team environment.
- Reliable and trustworthy with a strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- A recognized Procurement or Supply Chain accreditation.
- 10+ years of experience in a senior procurement position.
- A degree in business or commerce will be an asset.
- In-depth experience and understanding of ERP or MRP systems along with high proficiency in MS Office.
- Experience with TOC or R+ (DDMRP) preferred.
- Experience with managing a global supply base.
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership capacity.
Years of relevant experience required: 10 years
Number of openings: 1
In addition to the competitive compensation package, we also offer a unique work environment that is designed for people who like to work hard and play hard too! Here are just a few examples:
- On-site gym and weight room with personal trainers
- RRSP matching
- Comprehensive extended group health and dental benefits
To apply, go to our careers site at https://careers.deltacontrols.com. Complete or update your profile and submit your application online. Next, go to the applied jobs list to ensure your application has been fully processed. You are also welcome to add or manage job alerts within your candidate account.
We understand that it takes time to apply for a job and appreciate that you spend it showing your interest in working with our team at Delta Controls.
If this position is eligible for remote work, candidates outside of our local area will be considered. If this position is not eligible for remote work then local candidates are preferred and no relocation will be offered for this position. For positions not eligible for remote work the candidate must be legally-entitled to work in the country where the job is offered, for any employer, without requiring sponsorship. While we will consider all applications, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please. No outside agencies or recruiters, please.
Keywords: Buyer, Procurement, SAP Purchasing, ERP