Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Cymax GroupBurnaby, BCa month ago
As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, you’ll be working closely with our business stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify business needs, develop actionable insights, and help the company identify risks and growth opportunities. You’ll be working to analyze and improve the way we do things, by defining requirements and then creating solutions.
Our empowering Analytics team collects, analyzes, and reports data to give insight into the big picture. Our goal is to provide everyone at Cymax with timely, accurate, and actionable information so whether it’s through Business Intelligence, Data Science or Operations Research, we use our expertise in big data to facilitate business decisions.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with internal stakeholders to determine business requirements, priorities, define key performance indicators, and develop BI and data warehouse strategy. This includes working with business and development teams to design and document dashboards, alerts, reports and data automation systems.
- Have an understanding of the business environment and an interest in going beyond the obvious, delving into the source, the definition, and foundational roots of a data element in order to get the most out of information.
- Perform industry research to clarify, define, or satisfy technology or business process issues.
- Communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise manner across functional and technical departments. This includes suggesting areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Ensure that data is available to decision-makers through reports that you create, as well as self-service methods. Use data to figure out market and business trends for companies to increase profits and efficiency.
- Collect, clean, validate and analyze complex data from multiple sources. You will be responsible for detecting patterns and problems within data and suggesting improvements that will have immediate impact.
- Actively collaborate with Data Engineers to ensure we have scalable ETLs and warehouse data models in place.
- Build data visualizations and reports from Data Warehouse using Power BI and SSRS.
- Drive training sessions with internal stakeholders to facilitate efficient usage of data and apply improvements accordingly.
Who you are:
- Proven experience making strong recommendations in a Business Analyst role
- Advanced experience and knowledge in SQL programming
- Experience with visualization tools like Microsoft Power BI or Tableau
- Experience with data warehouse concepts and foundations
- Experience with relational and non-relational data sources
- Familiar with Data Mining, Statistical, and Quantitative Analysis
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Creative problem-solving skills with excessive attention to detail
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with SCRUM/Agile methodologies
Why work here!
The Cymax Group of brands build tech that runs business. Founded in 2004, our vision was simple: design an exceptional eCommerce experience. That idea evolved into a platform that includes online marketplaces Cymax Business and HomeSquare; Freight Club, a logistics solution; and digital supply chain tech enabling manufacturers with multichannel control: Channel Gate.
So, why work with us? For newbies to online selling, there is no better place to gain a comprehensive education on the end-to-end eCommerce experience. For the well-seasoned eComm aficionado, you’ll be on the cutting edge of eCommerce technology and innovation. For everyone, there's room to grow, mentorship, and a data-driven culture filled with diverse people who can’t wait to meet you. So why wait? Take your tech career to the next level and apply now!