Senior BI Developer
UnbounceVancouver, BC16 days ago
Have you ever wanted to be part of a disruptive, innovative new solution that is changing how your users do their jobs? We have an exciting vision and strategy to enable smart conversions for our customers and you’ll be a big part of it.
We’re looking for a spectacular and experienced BI Developer to join our Data & Analytics team, to work across all business areas at Unbounce (Revenue, Product, and Operations).
Our goal is to use decision science to move the business towards a unified strategy, in a way that minimizes time spent on low-impact analysis and maximizes high-impact, data-driven decisions.
The Internal Data team enables other teams by informing the data ecosystem upon which strategic insights and business priorities are driven. As a key contributor to both Analytics and Data Engineering, you’ll facilitate optimized Analytics architecture and pipelines, and translate business needs into excellent data solutions. We believe in fostering an environment that promotes growth, engagement, team ownership, responsibility, initiative and empowerment.
What You'll be Doing:
- Help scale Analytics data foundations by providing the business with accurate, consumable, reliable, and accessible data.
- Work closely with both business and the Data teams to enable high quality, concise insights
- Distill complex systems into simple solutions that drive business needs into actionable insights.
- Build the data foundations to support actionable KPIs, production-quality dashboards, informative deep dives, and scalable data solutions.
- Influence leadership to drive more data-informed decisions.
- Implement consumable data lakes to easily extract self-serve exploration and strategic recommendations to address business problems.
- Contribute to team ownership of our codebase.
- Grow technical skills within and outside the team through code reviews, pairings, demos etc.
- Set and maintain standards around data governance, code quality, and efficient communication; and to evangelize best practices within the team and company.
A Little Bit About You:
- 5+ years experience with expert-level SQL and Python for BI development
- Proficiency in database management, data warehouse design and distributed systems
- Solid experience building complex analytics pipelines, ETL processes using Python, Airflow and/or other similar data integrations/scheduling tools
- Strong business acumen and a love for developing cross-functional relationships
- Familiarity with BI tools (Tableau, Power BI, Mode Analytics, etc)
- Understanding of data governance - you have built systems that provide available, correct and secure data
- Ability to translate analytical insights into clear recommendations and effectively communicate them to technical and non-technical stakeholders, driving business needs into actionable insights
- You write tests, documentation, and data definitions without exception
What’s in it for You:
- 4 weeks vacation plus Holiday Closure - you're entitled to the week of Christmas off with pay through to and including Jan 1st
- 12 Personal Wellness Days (This includes: Sick days, moving days, personal days, etc)
- Vacation bonus - $1,000.00
- Health and Wellness budget - $500.00
- Networking budget - $500.00
- A paid day off for your birthday
- One paid Volunteer day per year
- One day every 2 weeks of dedicated professional development time
Unbounce Welcomes Everyone to Apply
At Unbounce we celebrate everyone and their multiple intersecting identities. We believe a panorama of experience allows us to make better decisions together and inspires innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. Our goal is for every Unbouncer to feel deeply connected to their team through mutual value, respect, and understanding.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process