Senior Back-End Engineer
addy Technology Corp.Vancouver, BCa month ago
We are a well-capitalized startup seeking an extremely talented Back End Engineer to help make every human a home owner. You must have experience building and designing large and complex, yet maintainable SaaS. We are a SaaS-enabled marketplace that engages every human through compelling and thoughtful design. You must be able to work closely with your team to complete sprints and maintain a velocity most competent people think not possible.
We expect intense, talented and interesting teammates who care about achieving a triple bottom line of societal, environmental and economic return.
Exceptional communication and comfort with debate are essential.
We have no sacred cows in our tech stack and are instead driven toward being curious about how we can always learn and improve. Our current backend is Ruby on Rails and frontend is Vue.js – we are open to consideration of other technologies and the right candidate will help us form that technology hypothesis for validation.
addy is real estate for everyone. When you can invest in real estate for as little as $1, everyone has a chance to get into the market.
Investing in real estate with addy means you can own property and still do all of the things that make you who you are because you decide how much to invest.
There’s no need to turn your life upside down for a massive down payment, you could literally invest $1 if that’s what’s best for you. Continue living downtown, travel when you want, spend more time with family and friends, and still have the chance to get into real estate.
About the team
We’re a passionate and fun group of people who are moving quickly, which is why we’re looking for the brightest minds to join us on this incredible journey.
We are on a mission to make every human a homeowner. Our mission is our destination and we live in our core values to get there.
What you must have
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering or equivalent experience
- An understanding of SaaS software development practice; ideally, you have experience working on a SaaS product
- Led large tasks requiring Architecture and Design skills both within and across team and technology area boundaries.
- Participated in the full development lifecycle of applications, and seek to improve how we work, not just the code we write
- Experience with great agile cultures and is willing to drive change in process to improve performance
- Good knowledge of computer science terminology and concepts
- Build and maintain backend services written primarily in Ruby on Rails
- Help us occasionally maintain systems written in other languages, including Vue.js
- Expertise with testing frameworks
- Very good debugging skills
- Good working knowledge of git
- Understanding of design principles (S.O.L.I.D.).
- Experience in other languages such as: Go, Python, Ruby, Java, Typescript, etc.
- Has built CI / CD pipelines with either Jenkins or Github Actions
- Passionate about developing a new and valuable proptech brand
- Energized by the opportunity to enable every human to be a homeowner.
- Member-focused: You’re collaborative, optimistic and listen to understand, demonstrating kindness and empathy in all interactions.
- Kaizen: You’re not satisfied with “status quo”, you love to experiment, try new things, and drive improvement.
- Curiosity: In addition to the what – you need to know the why! You are energized by challenges and are persistent and resourceful in your efforts to overcome them.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: You are highly motivated, proactive, comfortable with change and ambiguity. You have a humble, team-player attitude and are ready to pitch in wherever you are needed most.
- You are not afraid to tackle hard problems, but know when to ask for help because you enjoy working as part of a team. You hold yourself, and your team, accountable for excellence through kind collaboration, not judgement
- This is a full-time, permanent position
- Travel is in our DNA. We offer many opportunities for offsite retreats and helping to open new markets.
- Annual learning benefit
- Regular company-wide & team events
Are you of the FIRE movement, dig on the principles of Mr. Money Mustache or geek out on Bigger Pockets? Let your true inner geek shine and share in your application what you are into and why you feel now is the time to make the real estate asset class available to everyone.
Signing up for an account will signal your interest in this role.