We’re a design and technology agency on a mission: we want to co-create a more empathetic and connected world. We do this by partnering with governments and large public organizations. We also work with private sector businesses whose values align with our own. These companies treat their customers as a community and value business models with a triple bottom line (people, purpose, profit).
To increase our impact, we’re growing our offering in these key areas: strategic consulting services, education (corporate and individual), systems implementation. And that’s where you come in.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Our goal is to co-create equitable, accessible, and sustainable communities alongside organisations who prioritise human flourishing. We strive to be that type of community, too. We strongly encourage applications from racialized individuals, under-represented communities, diverse backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
We also know that everyone has a unique career journey and experience comes in many forms. If you’re unsure you meet all of the criteria and qualifications but still think this might be the right fit, please get in touch. We’d love to meet you rather than you self-selecting out of the process.
About the Role
As a Senior Account Manager, you’re a leader who is carrying the primary responsibility for identification and growth of promising and existing partnerships across the full range of Domain7’s services. You own the overall health, alignment, and success of our client relationships (partnerships), bringing a considered, trusted, and precise consultative approach to the role that emphasizes relationship and transformative impact for the work we engage in. You are a natural connector, advocating for both partner and Domain7 business needs, and understand the nuances of communicating complexity to partners. In all spaces you exhibit emotional competency, hold a posture of adaptability, and are comfortable being a self-starter. You’re passionate about bringing forward a more empathetic and connected world, and hold a keen sense of alignment between our services and the business needs of our partners to identify where we can acutely bring the most impact and value.
Domain7 uses the term ‘partners’ intentionally to describe our client relationships. It’s how we view our clients, asking them to collaborate with us - in partnership - towards shared objectives, goals, and success measures.
How we want you to show up with Partners - Account Identification, Ownership, & Growth
- Leading and coordinating account growth and opportunity efforts.
- Networking up: Building and leveraging key relationships within a partnership to get to new departments in order to achieve account strategy and revenue goals.
- Creating account strategic plans, reviews, reporting, project and partnership kick-offs, and key project milestones.
- Actively seeking out and building lasting impressions with potential partners who are interested in starting, building, and deepening relationships with Domain7.
- Driving the creation, presentation, and winning of new projects and partnerships by matching partner needs with our services.
- You’re a trusted advisor, proactively helping partners navigate comprehensive challenges involved in innovation and transformation within organizational complexity.
- You nurture and strategize engagements with partners, identifying opportunities to expand them into long-term, recurring streams of work.
- Demonstrating clear, confident, precise, and warm communication, having capacity to turn tension and hard moments into opportunities for connection and transformation.
- You’re a champion for Domain7 and our organizational core competencies.
What we want you to have to be successful in this role- Persistence & Clarity
- A strong business acumen, understanding the concerns a c-suite, executive, or director may have, and deciphering business language to understand how Domain7 may be able to translate our offerings to solve partner challenges.
- The ability to lead strategy for partner opportunities as well as key moments in the relationship (pitch meetings, kickoffs, project milestones).
- A posture of adaptability, utilizing existing Domain7 processes and creating your own structures when required to keep progress moving forward in the partnerships and project initiatives you’re leading.
- Strong communication; an ability to absorb and retell the narrative of our partners, the work we do, the impact it has, and why it’s important and valuable.
- Demonstrable experience growth-oriented account management, design transformation leadership, and/or strategy disciplines.
How we want you to show up within Domain7 - Communication & Collaboration
- Collaborate with the wider Growth & Engagement team to bring forward project and partner narratives, and contribute to broader account strategy and marketing efforts on an ongoing basis. (e.g. contributions to case studies, in-project marketing, external marketing, etc)
- Contribute to shaping and implementing quarterly goals and team benchmarks.
- Participate in sales efforts, inclusive of pitch and presentation of value propositions to potential new partnerships.
- Providing visibility and direction on account strategy to our project delivery teams.
- Acting as the main point of escalation in relation to partnership concerns that would impact overall account health and longevity.
Domain7’s Core Competencies
- Ownership and Accountability
- Get Curious & Pursue Clarity
- Persistency & Creative Problem Solving
- Growth Mindset
- Awareness of self, others, and organizational needs
How to Apply
Introduce yourself to us! Tell us about where you’ve worked, what you’ve done, and where you’ve seen the greatest success in the past. Also, what are you passionate about, where do you want your career to go, and why do you think we are a good match for each other.
Perks + Benefits at D7
- Health and Wellbeing: We offer Benefits, EFAP, Health Spending Account and other programs to support your wellness. We are flexible on work hours, remote working and provide a minimum of 3 weeks vacation for all employees.
- Professional Development Budget: You will have access to an Individual and Corporate Learning Budget, along with company-wide learning programs such as diversity & inclusion, internal practice-sharing, etc.
- Office Perks: For team members who are in close proximity to our offices, you can choose to work in our cozy and pet-friendly office spaces (depending on provincial health guidelines). Feel free to use our kitchen, lounge areas and rooftop patio to best support your comfort.