We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Our mission is to make a profound difference in the quality of life of one million people, by removing the financial complexity of entrepreneurship. Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses.
Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. Learn more about us on our About page.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench!
What does the Sales department look like?
At the core of it, sales at Bench is a people-centric team focused on helping small business owners and entrepreneurs in the US. As a Sales Development Representative, your first interaction with a potential client is the start of their relationship with Bench. Your genuine curiosity and drive to help people is what guides your approach to discover how Bench can be a part of their entrepreneurial journey. You’ll have targets to meet individually and revenue goals to hit as a team, which fuels your innate sense of determination. If you’re looking to gain experience in sales and start-ups while making a real difference in people’s lives, then you’ve come to the right place.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Learning what it means to be a part of our stellar Sales team
- Communicating with entrepreneurs and small business owners to gain a deeper understanding of their business needs, and educating them on how we are here to give them financial control over their lives
- Using your good-natured wit and charm to build new relationships over the phone and email
- Helping one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing startups hit its revenue and growth goals
- Guiding potential clients through to successful closure
To be successful in this role, you'll need to have:
- Have a genuine passion for helping people
- Have an articulate phone and written presence that's confident, yet personable
- Are realistic about temporary challenges and setbacks, and use them to motivate yourself and others to achieve targets
- Embrace feedback with arms wide open and action it to further your success
- Can contribute to a high-performing team by bringing lots of mental horsepower, amazing work ethic, positive energy, and a little weirdness to keep things interesting
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- Competitive base salary and monthly uncapped commission (+55k OTE) available.
- All Benchmates have access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service.
- We’ve just reopened our downtown Vancouver office! Once you are trained up and fully ramped in your role (3-6 months), we can support in-office, hybrid, and fully remote work. . If you choose to be in office, it’s close to lots of great restaurants and easily accessible via transit. We also pride ourselves on our office coffee and the fridge is always stocked, compliments of Bench.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.