About Delta Controls Inc.
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 Partners/Distributors in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting and access control products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc., the global leader in switching power supply solutions and DC brushless fans and an $8+ billion USD organization, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, working together toward our shared vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and include a comprehensive range of energy management solutions in Industrial Automation, Telecom Power, UPS and Data Center Infrastructure, Automotive Electronics and Energy Storage Systems.
Work location: Hybrid
City: Surrey, BC
Schedule: Full time
Why work for us?
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. Delta Electronics products are the most energy efficient power products in the industry and our company is perfect for those who want to create, design and build sustainable solutions using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on building automation. Here are some of the Delta perks you’ll receive from day 1!
- Employee & safety centric culture with the possibility of remote work
- Flexible hours and scheduling available
- Competitive total compensation along with generous vacation allowances
- Three weeks of vacation
- In-house & external training provided along with education support and opportunities for growth
- Company funded annual personal development budget
- Financial benefits & planning such as group RRSP & company match
- Employer paid premiums for extended healthcare and family-focused benefits (health, vision and dental)
- Travel insurance coverage and access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness - onsite fitness center & company reimbursement for personal gym memberships
- Internal Recognition & Service Awards
- Employee Referral bonuses
- Transit accessible with free onsite parking
- Regular company events such as "Food Truck Fridays", Lunch & Learn and other planned activities
Our Software QA group in the Product Development team is looking for a QA specialist for developing automated tests, frameworks, manual test, and validating functionality of our backend software platform projects.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist is responsible for ensuring that Delta Controls software will meet the needs and requirements of its end-users. In order to accomplish this task the QA Specialist must be proficient in test methods and procedures, and can extensively test and evaluate all products before releasing to production to ensure they meet design specifications, and are suitable for their intended application(s).
This includes creating test procedures and documenting all test results, identifying bugs and operational anomalies, recording them electronically for resolution by Product Development, and verifying bug resolutions will satisfy the intended customers’ needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Testing software with the understanding of what bugs are critical to the end-user.
- Creating and maintaining test documentation.
- Creating new entries in our bug tracking software for any new bugs identified in the system.
- Verifying bug fixes are satisfactory on newly transferred build.
- Design, coding and maintenance of automation frameworks, tests and tools.
- Troubleshooting complex problems in software.
- Assisting Technical Services in providing product support.
- Acting as a resource to other departments on products and applications.
- Assisting with documentation for software manuals, and technical documents.
- Regularly identifying deficiencies in the test suite and ensures they are resolved.
- Identifying usability problems and making suggestions for improvement.
- Reviewing and evaluating all Product Development and user documentation, and generating additional notes to summarize undocumented features and differences from previous versions. Providing important input on an ongoing basis.
- Issue management. Monitors issues for workflow, priority and completeness.
Required or Strongly Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Requires very good time management and organizational skills.
- A strong desire to continuously improve professionally.
- The ability to work well in pressure situations and meet established deadlines.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Requires a good understanding of the fact Delta Controls is a customer service driven organization.
- Proficient in the current technologies in place at Delta Controls.
- Self-starter, self-driven to produce results and continually improve.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Successful completion of an accredited technology diploma program, undergraduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science or work experience equivalent
- Knowledge of networked applications and systems, knowing where they can break and know how to test for quality, performance and resilience.
- Strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle and Agile methodologies
- Working knowledge of building controls, control theory, and electronics is an asset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of testing methods and procedures.
- Well developed troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
Years of relevant experience required: 1 year or less
Education required: Accredited technology diploma program, undergraduate degree in Engineering or Computer Science
Number of openings: 2