At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Halifax, Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 450 team members, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Microserve is looking for a Project Coordinator to join our team in the Lower Mainland, BC. The Project Coordinator will report into our Service Delivery Manager and will be responsible for coordinating all service related to one of our largest clients. The Project Coordinator will also work closely with our Project Managers to ensure company resources are utilized appropriately and cost-effectively while prioritizing quality and performance of service delivery for our client.
The Project Coordinator is an integral member of the project team responsible for coordinating projects of varying size and complexity or its parts. The Project Coordinator is responsible for organizing and controlling project activities and for communicating risks, opportunities, and current state of project to his/her superior and/or other stakeholders.
- Coordinate internal resources, customers and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Under the direction of the Project Manager, ensure that all projects are delivered on-time and within scope.
- Track and analyze projects’ performance, procurement, and report about any possible or current blockers, risks,
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Work with the Service Delivery Manager on resource planning, availability and allocation according to projects pipeline
- Working from provided scope and requirements translate them into tasks, schedule and assign tasks.
- Coordinate teams on project work to keep project going according to schedule.
- Communicate to the management changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs.
- Track and analyze project performance, cost performance, schedule and report to the management on the changes project scope, project schedule, and project costs, being able to suggest the improvements to all the above.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Participate in team’s performance reviews.
- Perform quality assurance.
- Responsible for project completion and documentation
- Ensure a seamless post project deliverables to operations.
- 1-3 years of experience in a coordinator position
- Previous experience using and gathering data from an IT service management system
- Significant experience with MS Office Suite, SharePoint, preferred
- Education/knowledge in project management required (PMI certs an asset)
- Previous experience with scheduling and logistics preferred
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check (CPIC)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience with project management practices and tools to create, manage, and track project performance, cost and to verify scope.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.