Product Marketing Manager
Safe SoftwareSurrey, BC (Remote in Canada)2 months ago
Do you have a passion for understanding what motivates your target audiences and how your product can help them overcome the challenges they face?
Safe Software was launched in 1993 by two friends with a shared dream: that data could be used where, when, and how it's needed. Today, thousands of customers in over 100 countries and a wide range of industries use our product, FME (Feature Manipulation Engine). Recognized as the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data, FME enables users to maximize the value of their data. Whatever the type of data – be it maps, sensors, building models, satellite imagery, databases, cloud services, and more – FME is up for the task.
Safe Software is seeking a full-time permanent Product Marketing Manager to join our Product Marketing (PMM) team. In this role, your objective will be to help our customers understand how this incredible product can help change their lives. You'll work alongside the other Product Marketing team members as you build Safe Software's market intelligence, position the product, and create compelling content for your respective channels.
About the Product Marketing Team
The Product Marketing team’s role is to assess the market and identify how we can attract new FME users, retain existing ones, and empower our users to become product champions who pitch FME to their friends. We turn this market intelligence into GoToMarket campaigns, which include messaging for Safers and Partners to reference resource creation plans. We then work across teams to build content, and get a hand in writing marketing content ourselves.
By joining our team, you will gain opportunities to grow what Product Marketing looks like at Safe, diving into new markets, building Product Marketing plans for existing markets, and growing relationships across the organization to build out what Product Marketing can offer.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you'll have the opportunity to work on areas including:
- GoToMarket: You’ll research your markets and build GoToMarket plans that outline your target audience personas, requirements, positioning, messaging, competition, and other intel to share across the company. In addition, you will engage with a variety of internal stakeholders to gather intel and be a resource for sales enablement.
- Customer Enablement / Content Creation: You'll develop and execute the plan for content creation in your markets, collaborating across teams for delivery. You'll also write top quality content – both technical and high level – including product brochures, spotlights, customer stories, blog posts, technical briefs, white papers, articles, reports, sales tools, and more.
- Cross-Team Engagement: You'll team up with others to drive innovation, including Marketing, Sales/Customer Engagement, Support/Customer Success, Customer Education, Channel, Product Owners, our Founders, and others, to share your findings and gather ongoing intel from their conversations with customers and prospects. You'll brief and debrief them surrounding trade shows and other events, and depending on the global travel situation, you may attend together.
- Product Launch: You'll work closely with your PMM colleagues as we plan how each new release is brought to market and coordinate the cross-functional implementation of the launch plan.
- Marketing Teamwork: You'll collaborate with the Product Marketing, Digital Marketing, and Marketing Communications teams as we give each other's work a second set of eyes, and encourage one another with ideas, strategies, and tactics to help everyone succeed.
- Graduate of a recognized Marketing or Communications program, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience in technology marketing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Driven and highly organized with a real passion for the details.
- Proven technical marketing and business writing skills, translating complex concepts into language that your audience understands.
- Experienced at working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity.
- Familiarity with cloud-based tools, IT, or GIS are an asset.
At Safe, you’ll find a community of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to push our vision forward.
While we take our work seriously, Safe is committed to encouraging work-life balance. With extra paid time off during the holidays and plenty of lunchtime sports to join, Safers are able to stay happy and healthy year-round. All Safers have the opportunity to grow with access to a learning and development budget, give back to their community with volunteer time, and get to know each other better with annual team-building events. This way, all Safers are able to innovate, support each other, and have some fun along the way.
When you join Safe, you’ll get your own laptop along with a new hire welcome package complete with Safe swag, of course. Currently, you’ll be working remotely along with the rest of the team due to COVID-19. On your first day, you’ll receive an orientation and meet your team to get role-specific training. After that, feel free to join any virtual activities like trivia, virtual coffee chats, or team games!
Safe Software is the creator and developer of FME — the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data worldwide. Over 10,000 organizations around the world use FME in industries like AEC, government, utilities, and transportation to maximize the value of their data.
Founded in 1993, Safe is headquartered in Surrey, BC with over 190 team members and counting. We’re always looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are determined to learn and grow. Are you ready to join the team?
Safe Software is an equal opportunity employer and we truly believe that innovation and strength begin with diversity and inclusion. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability, national or ethnic origin, political belief, religion, or family status. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com.