Product Manager - Platform
Tasktop TechnologiesVancouver15 days ago
Product Managers at Tasktop are responsible for overseeing the product development process from start to end for their products - understanding business needs and impacts, running backlogs, creating release plans, and designing and implementing innovative features.
Tasktop creates and uses connectors to communicate with all of the tools in our integration ecosystem. Each type of tool, such as Atlassian Jira, has a corresponding connector that communicates with its API to ensure smooth and seamless communication with Tasktop. Connectors are the lifeblood of Tasktop's products – our Integration Factory supports upwards of 50 connectors and will be growing continually to keep pace with our Tasktop Integration Hub and future product direction. Tasktop’s revenue model is 100% dependent on having both breadth and depth in our connectors and the product manager responsible for our connectors is at the center of all aspects of Tasktop’s business.
Tasktop has invested significantly in how we design, develop and maintain connectors. This product manager role is responsible for guiding continued investment in the technologies, architectures and resulting connectors to ensure our flagship product continues its relevancy and market dominance. You will be making tough and interesting decisions and tradeoffs regarding the most important connectors to build and features to add to existing connectors. Additionally, understanding the business impacts and market changes that affect connectors is critical. Finally, working very closely with the engineering team, this person is responsible for creating and executing on better, more efficient and cost effective processes, methods and technologies to streamline connector development and maintenance.
What Will Make You Successful
- Ability to handle a significant volume of inputs (often contradictory) and make effective, logical and defensible decisions based on that input
- Ability to make decisions and operate comfortably without full information and clarity
- Ability to communicate effectively directly with customers and partners to both understand their needs, communicate our plans and handle escalations
- Ability to liaise with engineering at a technical level to ensure engineers understand the business context of what we are creating to help them make effective trade-offs during development
- Ability to communicate with our executive management team and various departmental stakeholders to both understand their needs and distill business priorities
- Ability to creatively design features and execute on those designs, working with engineering, customers and user experience designers
- Ability to mentor and delegate work to more junior product team members
- Ability to manage a backlog and work with engineering leaders to create effective and achievable release plans that are engaging and clearly articulate the business value of what is being delivered
- Ability to think critically with speed and flexibility to identify and understand complex use cases
- Bachelor's degree in technology or technology management related field
- 5+ years of experience in product management in the technology space
- Experience delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience as a strong leader who can prioritize, communicate clearly and influence across cross functional teams
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to think strategically and simultaneously manage tactical execution
- Curiosity to dig into metrics to understand key business drivers and whether they are useful inputs to measuring and managing a business or process
Who we are:
Tasktop is transforming how the world’s largest organizations manage the process of building software. Our Value Stream Management (VSM) platform has enabled our Fortune 500 customers to dramatically reduce their time to market and increase the velocity of software development. Sitting above the entire software development toolchain, Tasktop’s VSM platform integrates all popular software development tools - like Jira, ServiceNow, Azure DevOps and many more - and allows organizations to see where work is getting stuck and how they can improve. The company has been recognized by industry analysts such as Forrester and Gigaom as the leader in this new category of tools.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada, Tasktop is a global company with staff across North America, Europe and Australia. We have an energetic vibe, where we value work/life balance and creating an organization of diverse individuals that learn from each other. Recently named Built-In Austin’s Best Midsize Place to Work For, Tasktop provides the space to do the best work of your life.
Diversity and caring for each other are two of Tasktop’s key values and at Tasktop, we have built a community of mutual respect and trust. We believe that diverse teams perform better and foster an environment of belonging and inclusion. We aim to continually learn, evolve, and be better versions of ourselves.
As a Tasktop employee you will enjoy flexibility, a health and wellness allowance, volunteer programs, a generous vacation offering, happy hours, and plenty more benefits!
Do you want to join the movement?? We would love to hear from you. Apply within!