Safe SoftwareSurrey, BC (Remote Option)a month ago
About The Role
Safe Software is looking for a Product Manager who is interested in becoming part of one of the fastest growing data integration companies in the world. As a Product Manager, you will represent the voice of the customer, champion enhancement requests, and prioritize our customers’ needs in the future releases of FME Desktop/Engine.
In this role, you possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience and understand the importance of communication in product management. You will work with our Development, Customer Success, Product Marketing, and Customer Engagement teams to identify, collect and evaluate new technology, product ideas, and strategic product extensions to address the growing needs of our customers.
About The Team
The Product Management team is composed of Product Managers and Product Owners who are embedded within our Development teams to collaborate and identify opportunities and new features to be added to our FME products as well as our digital platforms. This is a growing discipline at Safe, where you have the opportunity to contribute to our evolving product management processes.
What You'll Be Doing
As the Product Manager for one of our FME Desktop Development teams, you will be the center of product management and facilitation to encourage dialogue between key stakeholders, both internal and external, to guide the FME product roadmap. Most notably, you’ll be staying on top of industry trends, understanding and advocating for evolving customer workflows, defining and shaping work for the development team, and guiding the triage of incoming requests and issues.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate and communicate with key stakeholders – The key to the success of the role is establishing rapport, alignment, and buy-in from internal stakeholders (Development, QA, Customer Success, Customer Engagement, Marketing, Executives) and external stakeholders (our customers and Partners) against Safe’s overall business objectives. As a facilitator in this process, you will engage in continuous feedback circles to identify epics and user stories to be developed and integrated into FME Desktop/Engine.
- Evaluate and communicate the FME Desktop/Engine product roadmap and direction – As a feedback hub, you will analyze customer feedback from our support, community, and Partner networks, alongside input from our product stakeholders to ensure that FME Desktop/Engine meets the needs of users of today and tomorrow. You will communicate the most important ideas to pursue based on short-term and long-term business objectives.
- Develop and maintain a backlog of user stories for implementation – You will develop detailed specifications of new product capabilities and features to determine the most efficient use of development resources. With involvement from QA, Customer Success and Marketing, you will ensure that these specifications are clearly understood across all teams. No matter how large or small the user story, your role as Product Manager is to identify the value of each story and help prioritize accordingly.
- Facilitate replenishment meetings - With your expert facilitation skills, you will help to ensure that teams stay focused and on track with the highest priority work. The goal will be to keep a good balance between building new features and keeping up to date with maintenance. You will work closely with developers to understand the technical concerns and assess the effort required of various tasks which should be considered in prioritization.
- Extend product reach – Together with the Product Marketing group, you will determine adjacent markets that allow for the expansion of FME’s footprint in new markets. You will assist with research and analyze the market, customers, and product roadmap to determine Safe’s competitive standing in the industry.
- Keep abreast with Agile, Scrum, and Kanban best practices and trends - As the Agile development process continues to evolve at Safe, you will stay on top of the best practices in Agile/Kanban environments and provide feedback on how Safe can improve.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
We are looking for people who have an enthusiasm for product management and skills in facilitation. Your application will also grab our attention if you have:
- 2+ years of experience in Product Management or Product Ownership (in the high tech industry is a plus).
- Working knowledge of Agile concepts (Kanban and/or Scrum).
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a strong customer focus.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with various stakeholders to build consensus across various departments.
- An open mind focused on creative, simple and robust software solutions.
- Familiarity of the FME product platform and user base is an asset (experience using FME as an industry end user is an asset)
- Previous Scrum Master or Product Owner training (KMP I and/or KMP II) is an asset
- Previous hands-on technical experience in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) is an asset
Life At Safe
At Safe, you’ll find a community of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to push our vision forward.
While we take our work seriously, Safe is committed to encouraging work-life balance. With extra paid time off during the holidays and plenty of lunchtime sports to join, Safers are able to stay happy and healthy year-round. All Safers have the opportunity to grow with access to a learning and development budget, give back to their community with volunteer time, and get to know each other better with annual team-building events. This way, all Safers are able to innovate, support each other, and have some fun along the way.
When you join Safe, you’ll get your own laptop along with a new hire welcome package complete with Safe swag, of course. Currently, you’ll be working remotely along with the rest of the team due to COVID-19. On your first day, you’ll receive an orientation and meet your team to get role-specific training. After that, feel free to join any virtual activities like trivia, virtual coffee chats, or team games!
About Safe Software
Safe Software is the creator and developer of FME — the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data worldwide. Over 10,000 organizations around the world use FME in industries like AEC, government, utilities, and transportation to maximize the value of their data.
Founded in 1993, Safe is headquartered in Surrey, BC with over 190 team members and counting. We’re always looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are determined to learn and grow. Are you ready to join the team?
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Safe Software is an equal opportunity employer and we truly believe that innovation and strength begin with diversity and inclusion. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability, national or ethnic origin, political belief, religion, or family status. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com.