Process Reliability Technician
Photon Control Inc.Richmond, BC25 days ago
The Process Reliability Technician is primarily responsible for the functionality, verification for operational readiness, calibration and maintenance of all types manufacturing equipment, metrology equipment, instrumentation, tools, jigs & fixtures and supporting infrastructure, used in the manufacturing processes at the Richmond, BC production facility. The Process reliability technician will also provide technical troubleshooting support to the Quality team on Return-Material-Authorizations (RMA) from customers.
- Assist in failure and root cause analysis investigations (NC/CA, FA, etc.)
- Execute effective, practical, controlled corrective action to eliminate future re-occurrence on the production floor.
- Design jigs, fixtures and tooling using CAD (SolidWorks) to provide solutions to the production floor.
- Support Manufacturing Assembly availability (Up-Time) with equipment maintenance, verification and calibration requirements as required.
- Support facility infrastructure supporting Manufacturing Operations including (not limited to) D.I Water system, HVAC systems, backup generator, extraction systems, compressed air systems, nitrogen systems, plumbing, lighting, Warehouse VLM systems & racking, Label printers etc.
- Write and edit technical documentation to enable controlled implementation of any changes to released products following the established validation.
- Support Quality team with preliminary troubleshooting of customer-returns/ RMAs as required.
- Able and willing to carry out any other duties and projects as required by the company.
- Technical Diploma in Robotics Technology, Mechatronics, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from a technical college or institution
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on electro-mechanical maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment or similar role would be considered an asset
- Practical experience using root cause analysis, problem solving methodologies, cause and effect 5W&1H, 8D, Fishbone (ishikawa)
- Ability to read and understand detailed work instructions, electrical schematics and mechanical drawings required.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks to design Jigs, Fixtures, and tooling to support Production.
- Good maintenance troubleshooting knowledge of semi-automated/ automated hand tools & torque drivers, vacuum heat sealers, UV glue curing equipment, Laboratory drying ovens, sonic cleaning baths, Metrology Equipment, Pneumatic systems, Nitrogen systems, bench-top collaborative Robotic systems, etc.
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience with HVAC systems, extraction systems, compressed air systems, nitrogen systems, plumbing, lighting, etc.
- Proficient use of hand tools, power tools, metal working tools, soldering stations etc.
This position comes with an excellent compensation and benefits package. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Photon Control Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse, representative, and inclusive work environment where all employees are treated equally. Thank you for your interest in a career with us.