At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Halifax, Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 500 team members, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized for our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Microserve is looking for an experienced Printer Deployment Technician to join our team in Burnaby, BC. In this role, you would be accountable for deploying and retiring various IT hardware products such as printers, multi-function devices, copiers, plotters, etc.
This role typically involves physical installation, transfer of settings or data, and support for Printers and Peripherals.
This position may require travel and presence on client sites such as healthcare, government, and post-secondary institutions.
- Assemble, configure and install printers for new deployments
- Provide customers with basic training on assigned products in accordance with current field procedures
- Can complete basic installations: must be able to connect individual devices to the customers network and install drivers onto PCs/print servers
- Responsible for assigned company assets (i.e., parts, tools, communication and computing devices, vehicles)
- Adheres to documented escalation procedures to resolve customer issues
- Corrects service problems with the assigned products with some assistance, as required.
- Uses basic information about the customer to anticipate needs and to represent our clients in a professional manner
- Minimum: High School Diploma / GED (experience with computers, electronics, mechanics, etc. is desired)
- Preferred: College Diploma / Associate Degree (technical field) or equivalent certification
- Preferred: 1-2 years of experience as a Deployment Technician in an on-site role
- Knowledge of desktop hardware, preferably from an enterprise or business environment
- Experience in printer assembly or repair
- Ability and willingness to work variable hours if necessary (extended hours, weekends, on call, abbreviated work week)
- Proven previous customer facing technical competence
- Demonstrated Windows and Network Connectivity competency
- MS Office experience is considered an asset
- Demonstrated competency in use of laptop applications
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills and the ability and desire to work in a collaborative team environment
- Communicates clearly and confidently with the customer both written and orally as required
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check
- Comfortable to drive a van or 1 – ton truck when needed
- Candidate must possess a valid (full) driver’s license (the license may not include restrictions) and a satisfactory driving record