At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Halifax, Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 450+ team members, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized for our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
The Print Services Manager will be a key member of our growing team in British Columbia. The purpose of this role is to provide operational oversight for the delivery of Microserve’s print services in BC, and client relationship management, in order to deliver service excellence to all of our clients and contribute to continued business growth. The Print Services Manager will also be responsible for leading a team that can include Printer Service Technicians, Deployment Technicians, Project Coordinators, Service Delivery Managers, and any other resources that aid in the delivery of Print Services.
Reporting to the Director of Print Services, the Print Services Manager will work with our clients and account management team to position Microserve print services portfolio, manage end-to-end delivery of services to our clients, foster a positive team environment, collaborate effectively with other Microserve team members across the organization, and ensure customer satisfaction.
The successful candidate will take a very hands-on approach to all aspects of service delivery and be committed to the expansion and success of the business.
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Manage and oversee delivery of all end user support services, including depot and onsite support services for printer technologies, managing IMAC activities and Project Management of printer refresh projects
- Take responsibility for recruitment, selection, training, assignment, scheduling, coaching, training, and discipline of employees as required
- Work closely with employees and HR to manage ongoing training and professional development plans for employees
- Monitor services engagements on an ongoing basis and escalate any issues to the Director of Print Services
- Document policy and procedures to support ongoing operations
- Make sure that time tracking and invoicing remains current and up to date
- Assist in the development and share knowledge with other branches on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs
- Seek for ways to continuously improve internal operations
- Coach, manage, and mentor a team
- Drive continuous improvement of service delivery related activities and processes
- Collaborate with Technical Services to share staff as appropriate, and develop career progression plans for technicians to pursue careers in print
Client Relationship Management
- Address customer satisfaction issues promptly
- Network to improve the presence and reputation of the branch and the company
- Attending meetings with clients to build relationships with existing accounts
- Define, manage client relationship and deliverable to achieve targets and KPI’s
- Liaising with internal departments and vendors to ensure client needs are fulfilled effectively
- Customer satisfaction and retention
- Staff retention and productivity
- 5+ years of experience in IT services management and delivery. Specifically, experience with end user computing services delivery in enterprise organizations is a must. Experience with other types of IT service delivery such as Managed Print Services, IT infrastructure and cloud related services, outsourced IT operations, and staff augmentation for example are also strongly desirable.
- 2+ years of experience with full cycle people management, including hiring, training, and performance management
- Relevant post-secondary education preferred
- Experience working for an IT service provider supporting multiple clients is strongly preferred
- Experience in the management of print services is preferred
- Experience supporting client relationship management
- IT leadership, project management experience required; relevant education and/or certification is an asset
- ITIL training and/or certification is an asset
- Demonstrated participation and involvement in the local IT community is an asset