PR and Communications Specialist
UnbounceVancouver, BC16 days ago
Are you a passionate storyteller with a knack for finding just the right words? Do you understand the power of strong messaging and discovering fascinating stories in unusual places? Are you a relationship master and eager to win reporters over even over email and Twitter? Are you a self-motivated executor with an attention to detail? If so, you might be the PR and Communications Specialist Unbounce is looking for.
As a member of our high-performing Marketing team, our PR and Communications Specialist will work closely with a friendly, smart, and collaborative group of marketers and designers as well as a seasoned external PR agency. This role is designed to propel our brand recognition forward and take our PR strategy and execution to the next level. Working closely with the Brand Marketing team, you’ll be responsible for writing all kinds of content including press releases, articles, social copy, but also building media lists, and pitching media and influencers to help generate more buzz, reach and awareness.
What You’ll Be doing:
- Assist with the execution of PR and influencer campaigns and programs tied to reach, brand awareness, referral traffic, and social engagement.
- Write, edit, and publish press releases, articles, blog posts, presentations, media pitches and social media copy.
- Coordinate public relations activities, including inbound media requests, interviews, panel discussions and speaking opportunities.
- Build media lists and cultivate relationships with journalists and influencers.
- Work with the brand marketing, content teams and social impact team to brainstorm compelling story angles and campaign ideas.
- Pitch stories and company announcements to media, journalists, editors and influencers.
- Work with the brand marketing and content teams to develop memorable content (such as emails, landing pages, video scripts, slideshows, etc) and other top of funnel content that converts, but also delights and provides value to our audience.
- Monitor and report on PR performance.
A Little Bit About You:
- 2-3 years of experience in PR and communications with experience supporting the execution of PR strategies, pitching and securing press, and writing press materials.
- You are a strong and versatile writer, with an ability to craft compelling pitches, short form posts (blogs and press releases), and concise content (social copy).
- You can demonstrate past successful experience in supporting PR programs for a technology company or notable brand.
- You are an excellent storyteller, with a knack for translating dull, unrelated facts into captivating stories and powerful headlines.
- You are extremely organized, able to prioritize across many projects, keep boards and tasks updated, and respond quickly to media requests. Bonus points if you have experience with project management tools like Monday.
- You’re on top of disruptive cultural and tech trends that you use to inform and strengthen your pitching
- You’re a solid executor with a figure-it-out attitude and you enjoy getting your hands dirty creating PR materials and pitching stories to press while paying attention to the thoughtful details that go into world-class PR campaigns.
- You’re an ambitious self-starter and excited to produce great results in a quickly changing environment.
What’s In It For You?
- 4 weeks vacation plus Christmas Holiday Closure - you're entitled to the week of Christmas off with pay through to and including Jan 1st
- Vacation bonus - $1,000.00
- 12 Personal Wellness Days (This includes: Sick days, moving days, personal days, etc)
- Health and Wellness budget - $500.00
- Networking budget - $500.00
- A paid day off for your birthday
- One paid Volunteer day per year
- One day every 2 weeks of dedicated professional development time
Unbounce Welcomes Everyone to Apply
At Unbounce we celebrate everyone and their multiple intersecting identities. We believe a panorama of experience allows us to make better decisions together and inspires innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. Our goal is for every Unbouncer to feel deeply connected to their team through mutual value, respect, and understanding.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.