Pipeline Technical Director
METHOD STUDIOSVancouver, BC or Montreal, QC13d ago
Method Montreal and Vancouver are looking for a passionate Pipeline TD to join our amazing team. Reporting to the Pipeline Manager, the Pipeline TD will participate in the design, development and maintenance of Method Studios' VFX production pipeline.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in pipeline workflow and development design.
- Develop quality, reusable code.
- Liaise with artists and supervisors to gather pipeline requirements.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the development process.
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies and industry trends.
- Provide software and tools support to production and artists.
- Mentor junior level staff.
- Troubleshoot technical issues.
Requirements and Competencies:
- At least 3+ years’ of experience in a computer science related field or in a technical visual effects position.
- A good understanding of the VFX or feature Animation production pipeline.
- Excellent knowledge of Python.
- Strong understanding of Linux.
- Excellent knowledge of one or more of the following software: Maya, Katana, Houdini or Nuke.
- Experience with distributed version control such as Git.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize production needs and tasks.
- Experience with Shotgun (asset)
- Experience with C++ (asset)
- Experience with SQL and/or NoSQL databases (asset)