PERFORMANCE MARKETING MANAGER
East Side GamesVancouver, BC2 months ago
WHAT IMPACT CAN A PERFORMANCE MARKETING MANAGER HAVE AT ESG?
East Side Games is searching for an experienced and driven Performance Marketing Manager to join our high performing Growth Team. Alongside the rest of the Growth Team, you will be responsible for bringing high-quality users into our portfolio of games and helping to grow our business. Predominantly, you will implement and manage profitable user acquisition campaigns as well as develop relationships with our advertising partners. However, you are used to collaborating across various teams and are comfortable contributing to other marketing disciplines (eg. Ad Monetization, App Store Optimization, Email etc.) when needed.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop long term mobile-based user acquisition (UA) strategies, including re-engagement initiatives that align with the overall branding and identity of each game.
- Create and manage campaigns across a variety of channels, while maintaining strong relationships with our partners including Facebook, Google, and other mobile game-specific ad networks.
- Analyze campaign performance to inform optimizations and deliver reports to stakeholders.
- Leverage data to optimize campaigns towards the cost per install (CPI) and return on ad spend (ROAS) goals.
- Manage budgets effectively between channels and campaigns to maximize ROAS.
- Work with marketing artists to develop creative strategies and to prioritize creative pipeline.
- Manage relationships with IP holders to ensure their needs are met and that creative assets adhere to brand guidelines.
- Collaborate directly with the games teams, not only on marketing initiatives but also on prioritizing game integrations needed by the Growth Team (eg. the implementation of events).
- Develop roadmaps to plan tests around creative (a/b testing), additional networks, audiences, and optimizations.
- Stay on top of industry trends and best practices.
- Represent East Side Games at conferences and industry events, this can involve light travel.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 years’ experience in broadly integrated digital marketing strategies, and online marketing, preferably with experience in mobile gaming.
- A strong analytical mindset with a working knowledge of attribution.
- Post-secondary degree with a focus on marketing, communications, economics, or finance. or creative.
- Willingness and ability to pitch in to help manage and strategize for app store optimization, ad monetization, and other broader marketing initiatives.
- Experience in managing, growing, and optimizing mobile acquisition campaigns and partnerships.
- Experience with running marketing for mobile ad platforms (Facebook, Google Ads, and more).
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding and experience with the iOS and Android marketplaces.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games – proudly built in beautiful BC. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined and become the leader in the narrative idle gaming space, writing the playbook on LiveOps in the process. Our huge IPs serve a traditionally underserved audience globally… And we’re just getting started!
Community is everything here. We put people at the core of what we do. Our games and our team have the same goal; to be inclusive and for everyone. We get sh*t done and our team is on hand to step in, listen, and support, regardless of rank. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share refreshments with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits! We note that our culture is not a monolith, and is ever-changing based on the folks holding space at East Side Games.
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equitable employer that values justice, equity, diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of marginalized backgrounds, particularly QTBIPOC folks, to apply, and will acknowledge and value the strengths you bring to foster yours and the studio’s growth.
If this sounds like something you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together.