TerrameraVancouver14 days ago
We are seeking a highly detail-oriented Legal Assistant or Paralegal (Contractor) to provide legal administrative support on routine and ad-hoc deliverables in a multi-disciplinary environment. Reporting to the VP Legal, the successful candidate will liaise with management and other internal stakeholders across the Company, as well as third-party stakeholders.
The successful candidate is a part-time, permanent independent consultant with flexibility to work up to 80 hours per month.
This remote position can be based anywhere in Canada; Vancouver, BC is preferred.
- Supports the VP Legal with the preparations of legal contracts (NDA's, MTA's, Consulting, Employment, Leases, etc.)
- Provides legal administrative support including filing, record and schedule management
- Assists with Management of all of Terramera’s 3rd party contracts
- Administers contract management software for all the company's contracts (Canada, USA and India)
- Provides general support to the Legal and Regulatory teams as needed
- 3+ years of related experience as a Legal Assistant, Paralegal or Contract Administrator
- Diploma in Legal Administration is preferred but not mandatory
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (especially MS Word) and contract management software
- General knowledge of British Columbia commercial laws
- Experience working in a legal professional services firm is an asset
- Impeccable attention to details
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- Demonstrate high degree of independence
- Act in a proactive manner to anticipate changes and adapt quickly under pressure
- Superior proofreading and revision skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Ability to maintain high confidentiality and discretion
- Easy-going personality
- Vancouver, BC, Canada; Remote
WHO WE ARE
Terramera is a cleantech leader focused on fusing AI, science and nature to create revolutionary technologies that transform how we grow food and solve other world-scale challenges. With its Actigate™ Targeted Performance technology and mission to unlock the intelligence in nature to ensure a world that thrives and provides for everyone, Terramera is committed to reducing global synthetic chemical loads in agriculture by 80 percent while increasing global farm productivity by 20 percent by 2030. The privately held company was founded in 2010 and has grown to include a world-class bench of engineers, scientists, advisors and investors. Terramera is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, has integrated operations that include research labs, robotics workshop, greenhouse and farm, and has more than 250 patents in its IP portfolio.
Our success begins with our people. We’re looking for A-Players who are passionate about making a difference as we are and thrive in environments that are dynamic, challenging and rewarding. Join our movement, as we set a new standard and change the world together as a highly dedicated, innovative, future-focused and solutions-oriented team.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information on Terramera, please visit our website at www.terramera.com
We strongly encourage part-time professionals, self-employed/freelancers, and semi-retired individuals to apply for this position. Terramera is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.