NPI Manufacturing Engineer
Photon Control Inc.Richmond, BCa month ago
The NPI Manufacturing Engineer will contribute to highly visible technology and process development activities within the Engineering organization. This role will be responsible for the acquisition and development of new production capability to enable design intent to be delivered to the lowest possible cost. This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference in a high-tech, fast paced, product-development company.
- Effectively develop new production processes using lean six sigma methodology to eliminate waste and optimize product quality
- Support Design for Manufacture (DFM) & Design for Assembly (DFA) efforts on engineering programs and provide feedback to the design team on improvement
- Apply ‘build-in quality’ tools in the NPI stage including PFMEA, Control Plans, Process Flow and product/process requirements
- Work closely with the production engineering team to plan capacity, equipment and infrastructure needs as part of implementing new production lines
- Develop and execute verification and validation plans including multi-factorial design of experiments, conducting statistical analysis to verify process control and capability
- Oversee the design and verification of jigs and fixtures. Develop maintenance and calibration schedules.
- Write and edit technical documentation, train operators as necessary to enable controlled implementation of new products into the production environment
- Assist PMO in helping develop timelines and effort needed to execute new business opportunities and / or changes to project scope.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive experience in a similar engineering role within a manufacturing environment, preferably electronics assembly and testing environment
- Lean Six Sigma training and Green Belt certification is an asset
- Competence in Solidworks or equivalent CAD software, application of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Knowledge in PPAP / APQP and associated ‘build-in quality’ tools such as FMEA, QCP, MSA, etc.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills, with strong attention to details
- Excellent communication and technical written skills
- Flexible and willing to work in very fast-paced environment where tasks and priorities may change often
- EIT or other related professional designation an asset
This position comes with an excellent compensation and benefits package. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Photon Control Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse, representative, and inclusive work environment where all employees are treated equally. Thank you for your interest in a career with us.